POR or Swan?

sarha

<font color=darkcoral>Disneyland is a new experien
I have a reservation for June for $94 at POR, but I also qualify for the $129 nurses rate at the Swan and I can't decide between the 2 resorts.
I'll be staying with my 14 yo DD and my 12 yo DS and we have stayed at Riverside before, back when it was Dixie Landings and we enjoyed it. I am torn because I know the Swan has a great location but I'm not sure if it will feel as Disney as POR.
Any input is much appreciated.

While the Swan is not a "true" Disney resort and the atmosphere inside is a bit more "hotel" than many of the Disney resorts, given the fact that the Swan is in the center of soooooo much Disney stuff (YC/BC/BW/Epcot/MGM) you definitely feel like you are in the middle of Disney because you quite literally are.

We have stayed at both. We really like POR-Riverside (we stayed there when it was DL too). I think it is one of the best themed moderate Disney resorts. However, if I were choosing I'd go with the Swan. The hotel is gorgeous. The pool is much better than POR. What you lose in 'theme' you more than make up for in location. There is nothing more 'Disney' (IMHO) than being able to walk out of your room and walk or take a boat to the theme park. The access to Epcot and MGM would be too much for me to pass up.

Good luck deciding.

We also booked POR myself DH DD7 DS9 for 8 nights in Aug. I came across a great rate(at least I think it is) for Club Level at The Swan. Just made the reservations Sat. night thru DU. Just look over the boards here. Dolphin and Swan FAQ and ask alot of questions here also. It looks like a beautiful resort and I know we will enjoy the short distance to the parks and also the boardwalk area. At night there is alot of things going on there that your kids might enjoy. Good Luck deciding and have a WONDERFUL TRIP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter