POR or CB

kathy040690

Mouseketeer
Hmm. Having a hard time choosing between port Orleans river side and Caribbean beach resort.

Will be traveling with two families. With kids aged 9,5,6,7,7,2. Which of these two resorts would you recommend ? Or would staying at one of the all star resorts be better ?

Really torn and feeling lost of where to book !!

Never stayed at POR but having stayed at CB, I'd go with Riverside. CB is really big and it can be a walk but the deciding factor for me is my wife simply didn't like the offerings at their food court. It is a beautiful resort though.

I have stayed at both. My heart belongs to POR. But, are you driving our using the buses? Can you afford to upgrade to preferred room locations? I ask because if you are driving and can book preferred, CBR does have a great pool area that the kids will really love. I didn't like CBR because of the number of bus stops, and we were in a standard room so we had a bit of a long walk up to the food court and gift shop. If you are booking standard I would go with POR. The pool area is nice, and the food court is much better. Plus POR only has 4 bus stops compared to the 7 at CBR.

POR would be my pick but things to ask yourself:
- How much time will we spend at main pool?
- How often will we be walking to food court etc?
- Do we have plans for Disney Springs?
- Is bus situation important?

We would be completely relying on Disney buses !
Pool is important as we are planning on having a day to relax by the pool.

I have not stayed at CBR, but love POR. The main pool is great, and the quiet pools are nice. Busses have been good and really like the boat to Disney Springs.

Love CBR. Love the bigger size and the fact that each resort has their own quiet pool. Shutters is an excellent place for a sit-down meal, and the food court has plenty of selection.

Have only stayed at POR and it was a great resort. My older kids did like the pool area. I love the theme of CBR and the pool looks amazing for younger ones. I would do preferred room though.

I've stayed at both. I like the pool and atmosphere better at CB but this last time we were in the Barbados area (despite requesting Jamaica or Aruba) and it was quite a walk to the food and pool so next time I'm thinking I'll do a preferred room to be closer.

I've stayed at and enjoyed both, but I think I would give the edge to POR. I like the boat to Disney Springs.

I've stayed at both too with young children. The pool at CBR is nice but my kids enjoyed both. I found POR to be much quieter than CB and agree that the boat from Disney springs is nice (and you don't have to fold up your stroller on it!)

Have stayed at both and POR is my favorite moderate. When we pay cash and not use DVC points, this is where we always stay. Love the boat to Disney Springs, resort not as spread out and the food, I feel, is better.

Having stayed in both (more than once!) AND multiple stays in the values, _I_ would give serious thought to a value. In ANY event, with kids those ages, you *really* need a preferred room no matter where you stay. I think CBR is gorgeous, the rooms are large and QUIET--but I find its food court disappointing. IMHO POR has the best food court on WDW property, LOTS of options and large --but that also equals lots of space for your party to get separated. Each resort has multiple bus stops. Each resort has an internal shuttle to the food court, main building, etc., but I find these take more time than they save. Each resort has multiple, "quiet" pools.

Any of the All Stars will be smaller, so less walking. The bus sharing is WAY overstated and over played. Food courts have something for everyone and the pools are super kid friendly.

Hmm. Having a hard time choosing between port Orleans river side and Caribbean beach resort.

Will be traveling with two families. With kids aged 9,5,6,7,7,2. Which of these two resorts would you recommend ? Or would staying at one of the all star resorts be better ?

Really torn and feeling lost of where to book !!

POR would be my pick but things to ask yourself:
- How much time will we spend at main pool?
- How often will we be walking to food court etc?
- Do we have plans for Disney Springs?
- Is bus situation important?

We would be completely relying on Disney buses !
Pool is important as we are planning on having a day to relax by the pool.

Have stayed at both and we much prefer CBR. We love everything about it.

Having stayed in both (more than once!) AND multiple stays in the values, _I_ would give serious thought to a value. In ANY event, with kids those ages, you *really* need a preferred room no matter where you stay. I think CBR is gorgeous, the rooms are large and QUIET--but I find its food court disappointing. IMHO POR has the best food court on WDW property, LOTS of options and large --but that also equals lots of space for your party to get separated. Each resort has multiple bus stops. Each resort has an internal shuttle to the food court, main building, etc., but I find these take more time than they save. Each resort has multiple, "quiet" pools.

Since your children are young and the pool is important I would suggest CBR. The pool design is geared for young children. Great water play area and zero entry. The rooms there were just renovated a year ago so very fresh.

If you can do preferred in your budget I would book that to save on lots of walking with the young ones.

Buses:
- Yes, CBR is a big resort with almost double the number of bus stops of POR.
- Yes, due to size there is an internal bus system to help.
- Having so many stops required planning extra travel time to parks.
- BUT they began running a split bus system that was a big help. @dansdad are they still running the split bus system?

I have never seen nor been aware of an internal bus at POR. It is not necessary there. As far as I know only CBR has an internal bus.

I have stayed at both and I would always choose POR over CBR unless there was a huge price difference. My husband actually said he never wants to stay at CBR again. I didn't hate it like he did, but it was my least favorite that I have stayed at. If I stayed again, I would get a preferred room. We were in the Jamaica building farthest away from the food court and pool. We also were far from a bus stop. The buses were the worst part of this resort for me. Even with occasionally sharing buses with French Quarter, the buses were way better at POR than CBR. At POR, we were in an Alligator Bayou room farthest from the food court (which was a pain), but we had a bus stop VERY close to our room. I preferred the food court at POR. We never got a chance to use the pools at POR, but there you can also use French Quarter's pools and food court. There's also the boat transportation to Disney Springs. They also added a new splash area at French Quarter that you can use if you stay at POR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter