• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POR French Quarter-is it worth the extra $200 over CBR?

I will be thar one person who disagrees. :) Port orleans French Quarer is the least favorite ofnthemoderates for me. Yes it is still nice but the theme, while good, was not quite as well followed throughon. I think this one hsould have had interior corridors and winding streets. CBR is also very colorful, tropical and fun. The rooms are a bit bigger and it feels more casual. It is my second favorite of the oderates. That being said, I alson think it is great to try out all of the resorts. Two years ago, after many stays at most of the resorts, we tried out two that I had never stayed at, nor were either of them very compelling to me. Bothe the Fort Wilderness cabins and Old Key West were awesome. You should try everything.

I would not pay an extra $200 for it, especially considering you are from Louisiana and not into the Mardi Gras theme and did not like POR.

It actually comes to $250 more. I could do AKL for $600 more. I watched a few videos of FQ and it looks cute. I am just not sure I want to put out another $250 on a moderate though. I have another couple of weeks to consider it.

The lobby at AKL jambo is stunning. Although a deluxe, it has somewhat of the same bus “problem” as the moderates in that you cannot walk to any park, you wait for a bus, and the bus makes more than one stop. In this case, bus drops off and picks up first at Kidani, then goes to Jambo. This doesn’t take nearly as long as circling POR or CBR, though.

Personally, I wouldn’t pay $252 more for a resort in which I didn’t care for the theming.

Another thing to consider, I don't know how long it's been since you stayed at CBR? OPR was very recently redone so the food court/lobby/gift shop might be different from your last stay. Watching some videos of the new setup might help you decide.

The lobby at AKL jambo is stunning. Although a deluxe, it has somewhat of the same bus “problem” as the moderates in that you cannot walk to any park, you wait for a bus, and the bus makes more than one stop. In this case, bus drops off and picks up first at Kidani, then goes to Jambo. This doesn’t take nearly as long as circling POR or CBR, though.

Personally, I wouldn’t pay $252 more for a resort in which I didn’t care for the theming.
You can visit the lobby at AKL for free, without staying there. :)

For me, POFQ's theme is probably the least of the reasons I love it. I love it because it's small, quiet, the landscaping is beautiful, and there's no such thing as a bad room location. We had the room that was probably the furthest away from the bus stop as you could get, and it was still less than a five minute walk.

I actually booked CBR for May and then switched to FQ. I’m glad I did! I love POR as well. Ready for a more compact resort with easy DS access!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter