POR first floor room request

DisAlicia22

DisneySwiftie13
My girlfriend and I are going to POR Jan 1-8,we have a standard view that i got for 79$ a night with the AP code. i want to request a first floor room in either AB or MB because she has terrible knee problems and won't appreciate walking up all the stairs. Anyone know if they will be able to accomodate me without a problem? Thanks Im getting nervous now its almost a month away. My first time staying in disneywithout my parents. :) Should be great!

I am sure they will do the best they can; make sure you have it noted on your ressies. Also, Magnolia Terrace has an elevator -- so that increases your chances of not having to deal with stairs.

Have fun POR is a beautiful resort.

DIS Alicia,

I don't think you'll have a problem. I requested a first floor room because of our stroller and they were very accomodating.

Have fun. POR is beautiful.

Yes, they will accomodate you. Be sure to state in your ressie, "medical reason" for first floor. Then make a call to the front desk (or fax) 3 days in advance of your arrival and state your request again. This is when they start placing people in their rooms. Good luck.

Thank you very much. I did not mention this when I made my reservation. Will it be ok if I just include it on the fax that i send?

I would make a call today to whoever you made the ressie with. They can easily add that. Then be sure to call 3 days in advance to the resort itself and make your request. This works perfectly for me every time.

Hello DisAlicia22,
I will also be at PO-R Jan 1-8!!!!
I am getting very excited and can't believe that it is almost 1 month away!! My fiancee and I will be there to plan our disney wedding. The first time I went to disney without my parents was 1998 with my fiancee (then boyfriend) and had THE BEST time-you will be forever hooked!!!
Have a magical time, I know I will!!! PO-R looks wonderful!
Laurie:smooth:

Just wanted to let you know what happened to us. We had rooms reserved a year ago at PO-R for our 11/13 -- 11/19/02 trip for 1st floor (for DM-i-L & DF-I-L's knees and backs), Bayou (for trundle bed) and non-smoking building. My sister-in-law arrived a day before any of us did and the only way they were able to get us rooms together (they didn't all have to be on the first floor, we just wanted same building) with two on the first floor was in a smoking building. She went to check it out and told them it was not acceptable. So, they were able to get us four rooms together on the 3rd floor (but with elevator) at PO-FQ and we were so happy with that resort!

I hope you don't end up with a building that's too far away at PO-R! You can walk quite a distance to get to anything from some of the buildings, I've been told. That was what was so nice about FQ, we were right near the food court and bus stop. Since it's such a small resort, I'll bet none of the rooms are more than 5 minutes away from anything! It was so nice to be able to come back to the resort at the end of a long day at the parks and not have to walk 20 minutes to get to our room!

Although Riverside did look like a beautiful resort too! Maybe next time! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter