Por fans....

autismgoesdisney

DIS Veteran
How many people are in your family?

Just curious. During our last stay, it seemed that everyone we met had three kids! Of course this is probably untrue, but thought I'd ask here to see if most Por fans are families of five

I mostly travel solo and my preference is always POR. To me, the fact that it offers the option for a family of 5 has very little interest to me.

In addition, if you read a lot of posts on POR, a lot of families of 5, especially with older children, do not like the option of POR. If you look at the pics of the refurbishment, the storage situation is sadly dismal for a family of 5. People have been able to make do, but it is not ideal. Some people with young children worry about the TV above the Murphy bed. As an architect, it did cross my mind.

I think resorts are all about the entire experience; the theming, the location, and the activities associated with it. And that water taxi to DTD is a big plus.

I mostly travel solo and my preference is always POR. To me, the fact that it offers the option for a family of 5 has very little interest to me.

In addition, if you read a lot of posts on POR, a lot of families of 5, especially with older children, do not like the option of POR. If you look at the pics of the refurbishment, the storage situation is sadly dismal for a family of 5. People have been able to make do, but it is not ideal. Some people with young children worry about the TV above the Murphy bed. As an architect, it did cross my mind.

I think resorts are all about the entire experience; the theming, the location, and the activities associated with it. And that water taxi to DTD is a big plus.

I've been to POR and POFQ as a couple and now our next trip is a family of 4. When my boy/girl twins were born I said, "We're done, perfect family of 4 to stay onsite at Disney!"

Party of 2! A mother-daughter combo. Haha we have stayed at POR only once - this past March. It is out favorite mod hotel now. :)

We're a family of 4, but for WDW trips I go with mostly my oldest daughter, sometimes the younger one joins us, but she's in college and works at a camp in summer so its hard for her to come these days. Husband doesn't get WDW so stays home!

We love POR, the mansion section. Beautiful resort.

Family of two here! Either me and fiancé or me and Disney BFF. Tried CBR for something different last time but it didn't feel as Disney to me (maybe coz I can go to a beach resort any time I like at home) so back to POR! I can't wait to see the refurbed rooms

We are a family of 5 but I can't call myself a fan, since I've never stayed at any of the resorts. We are planning on a couple of nights at POR for the beginning of our vacation then moving to Poly. I didn't want to pay Poly rates for our first night since our plane lands at 7pm. We have an ADR at DTD our second night and the idea of going there on boat was MUCH more attractive than using a bus from the Poly. I've heard too many horror stories about how long it takes a bus to travel to and from there. No thank you!

I think POR is beautiful and the AB rooms are cute. We can deal with the room size and lack of storage for a couple of days.

Family of five here, we loved our stay at POR and will definitely stay there again. We are going to POP next trip and booking 2 rooms or family suite we are bringing a 6th person this time. (budget reasons for not 2 rooms at POR)

Family of five, here! We love POR, and would stay here even if we had less people. In fact - we're staying here next week, and will only have four of us, as one kid is in summer college classes!

We've stayed at POR twice with our 3 boys, if my 2 girls go along we end up with 2 rooms at a Value Resort. The price is what brought us back to POR for the second time. Would love to try another resort that will hold 5-7 but it's just not in our budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter