• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POR Entertainment (Bob Jackson)

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
Question,

I understand that Bob is gone, but is there no one providing entertainment in the Cotton Co-op Lounge? On the Disney.com site, it says there is live entertainment Thursday-Monday evenings. Is this true? Did they just hire someone else or cut this feature all together?

Bumping this up.

Where did you see on the disney.com site that there is entertainment ? I am sending email to Keith Bradford's office to ask.

Here is a quote from the Disneyworld website...

Name: Cotton Co-op
Description: Lounge featuring live entertainment Thursday through Monday evenings.
Price Range: $
Cuisine: American
Meals: Snack
Service Type: Lounge

Now, they may not have updated this since Bob has been gone. That is what I am wondering.

from 9 nights at POR and there is no sign of Bob or any other entertainment in the lounge. We had a very enjoyable stay though.

I don't think they've updated the website in quite awhile since the Cotton Co-Op changed its name to River Roost at least 5 months ago.

Now what on earth was the reason for changing the Cotton CoOp name? did too many of us associate it with Bob Jackson? Don't see how it could be a PC thing........like what I suspect killed Dixie Landings name. Oh well.....love the resort grounds and atmoshpere so we will go and check out what other changes there are. I wish folks would not fix things that are not broken.

Artemus

I don't know why they changed the name. I noticed it when I was there in Nov. '01. Maybe it is a PC thing. I don't see how cotton ever hurt anyone. It's a miracle fabric. And what's wrong with a co-op. Shouldn't we all be cooperative.:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter