• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Popular saxophone player in the 80s/90s?

eeyorethegreat

DIS Veteran
I wonder if some one can jog my memory... What is the name of that saxophone player from the 80s and early 90s. Did a lot of instrumental
stuff played mostly saprano sax? I can hear the music in my head :scared1::rotfl: but just can't remember the name. My son's best friend is a talented saxophonist and we were talking about music of the 80's and early 90s of which he knows almost nothing (interestingly since he is big on all types of music from different time periods) and I have wanted to introduce him to the music of this sax player and can't for the life of me remember who he is. Anyone have a clue?

Was that Kenny G???

Just googled him, he played a clarinet.... Sorry :(

Bingo thats him. :dance3: His instrument does look like a clairinet but it is a soprano sax:thumbsup2 Thanks! His music has been rattling around in my head all week and I wanted to tell DS friend (actually he is like another son to me in :love:) just couldn't bring that name to the fore front of my brain thanks!! Knew some one here would help!:thumbsup2

Wow - I was right eventhough I thought I was wrong
And I've learned that some saxophones look like clarinets
Cool

Was that Kenny G???

Just googled him, he played a clarinet.... Sorry :(

Sorry, but Kenny G did play the soprano saxophone as well as tenor on a few recordings over the years.

The soprano looks like a gold plated clarinet, but it's a sax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter