Pop vs Swan

vital

<font color=darkorchid>Pirate-wench<br><font color
Due to travel restrictions, we'll be spending my 50th birthday at WDW instead of the Caribbean in December. We'll be there 14-21 and will spend 2 days at HS, 2 days at EP, 2 days at MK and 1 at AK. We were last there in January for our honeymoon and stayed in the Gran Destino. I've done All Stars, POFQ, AKL Savanna View, CBR and the Dolphin. I got a killer nurse rate at the Swan for our dates. It's about $150 LESS than Pop. I'm questioning myself now and thought I'd ask y'all your opinions.

Torn between walking over and taking the Skyliner. With the parks possibly closing earlier, don't you think we'd have more to do/see at the Swan since we can walk around the lake and to the Boardwalk? We're driving so I'll have my car.

Very odd planning this trip without park hoppers, but we'll survive :)

I think you are spot on with The Swan. Do realize a lot of the places on the Boardwalk are not currently open making the place seem a bit empty. Much more than Pop though. I would stay with the Swan...

Due to travel restrictions, we'll be spending my 50th birthday at WDW instead of the Caribbean in December. We'll be there 14-21 and will spend 2 days at HS, 2 days at EP, 2 days at MK and 1 at AK. We were last there in January for our honeymoon and stayed in the Gran Destino. I've done All Stars, POFQ, AKL Savanna View, CBR and the Dolphin. I got a killer nurse rate at the Swan for our dates. It's about $150 LESS than Pop. I'm questioning myself now and thought I'd ask y'all your opinions.

Torn between walking over and taking the Skyliner. With the parks possibly closing earlier, don't you think we'd have more to do/see at the Swan since we can walk around the lake and to the Boardwalk? We're driving so I'll have my car.

No doubt in my mind I’d stay with swan and at a rate of 150 less than Pop, that’s a heck yes! I love the Epcot area resorts. Even though the boardwalk area may not have much activity, you still have the other resorts dining options nearby.

After adding up parking, it's only $67 cheaper, but I'll take it!! Thank y'all for confirming this for me:love1:

If the Swan is that much cheaper, absolutely go for it. It's a nicer property with so many great restaurants right there, not to mention that you're within walking distance of both EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. The only downside to the Swan & Dolphin is that Magical Express does not service those resorts, but you're driving, anyway, so that doesn't matter.

Does that include the resort fees as well? To my knowledge, resort fees are in addition to parking at Swan and can add to the total cost.

Regardless, even if it ends up not being cheaper, I would still switch to Swan and consider it a negligible difference in cost. Swan and the whole Epcot resort area will offer more things to do in the evening. Plus, Pop has had frequent reports of nightmare bus waits for MK and AK. We ended up moving our stay from Pop to CBR for this reason.

Does that include the resort fees as well? To my knowledge, resort fees are in addition to parking at Swan and can add to the total cost.

Regardless, even if it ends up not being cheaper, I would still switch to Swan and consider it a negligible difference in cost. Swan and the whole Epcot resort area will offer more things to do in the evening. Plus, Pop has had frequent reports of nightmare bus waits for MK and AK. We ended up moving our stay from Pop to CBR for this reason.
Believe it or not the $67 savings is after resort and parking fees for both! I'm a planner and scrutinize every penny to get the best bang for our buck and went back and did the resort fee and parking for both. Parking is $15 at resorts and $27 for Swan. Even with the parking difference I still came out ahead!!

Now with the release of 30% off (I live in one of those states) Pop is now the cheaper one by $200. WHY does Disney do this to me HAHAHA!!! I think we're going to stay put thanks to y'all helping me decide!! I just don't know if it's worth it to change and lose out on walking to HS and EP. Besides, it's my BIRTHDAY!

Swan is such a great location, I have stayed there a couple of times and am staying there again next summer with Marriott points. You lose out on the Magical Express, and they throw that $30 a day "resort fee" on there which cuts down on your savings, but it is a great place to stay. However, it has more of a "hotel" feel, rather than a resort feel. That said, I would stay there any time.

How do you find the nurse rate? My wife is L&D nurse.

I know you said you’re staying put but I just wanted to add for anyone else reading this that you also can’t charge to your room using magicbands when you stay at Swan/Dolphin. That coupled with no Magical Express rules it out for us. Have a great Birthday trip!

Here are the highlights and the Swan & Dolphin link to see all offers.

Nurses Appreciation Rate
Experience the magic of our Walt Disney World Resorts located within walking distance to Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. Nurses and their families will revel with an array of property activities such as golf, spa, outdoor pools, dining, and more!

For Reservations: Contact us at 1-888-828-8850 and ask for promotional code NURSES RATE or when booking online, make sure Promotional Code Y7N appears in the Corporate/Promo code box. Valid ID required at check-in to receive this offer.

https://swandolphin.com/offers/index.html
Dave

I go to marriott.com, then put in travel info, then click special offers at top right of page. By booking direct through hotel and buying tickets through Disney, I saved hundreds of dollars over booking the Swan through the Disney site.

Another recommendation for staying at the Swan. :thumbsup2

I love the skyliners, but I don't love their operating hours. I love being able to walk to HS in the morning and not having to deal with the lines to the skyliner or lines to the parking lot (if you choose to drive there).

Have a great trip!

The Swan. Its just a nicer hotel.
Enjoy!! Im sure you will be happy with either choice. After all, you're going to WDW! :jester:

I go to marriott.com, then put in travel info, then click special offers at top right of page. By booking direct through hotel and buying tickets through Disney, I saved hundreds of dollars over booking the Swan through the Disney site.
Thank you for the info.

Swan would be great. I love Pop for the gondola, but with Swan, you have that covered.

Have to add another vote for staying at the Swan.

We are doing a split stay later this month at BLT and Swan. Can't wait to stay at the Swan again. It would be so nice for your birthday trip! 🎂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter