Pop Vs. Caribbean Beach

tbssenterprises

DIS Veteran
Which would be better resort to stay at in December. With the parks closing early, there is no "night life" at POP, except to sit in the food court. What's it like at CB? We stayed there once, but we were over in Aruba. (right before Riviera opened)....so is there a place to sit and get a drink at night at CB instead of heading into the room? There is about a $50 price difference per night in the room rates. Have stayed at both, and really like both....so don't know what to do.

We switched from Pop to CBR for our trip next week primarily due to the fact that there is more to do at CBR and we will be spending more time at the resort. CBR is also walking distance to Riviera which offers a couple more dining/drink options. We also thought being at the Skyliner hub would be an advantage, given all the reports about the lines in the morning.

We just got back from WDW and one morning our Uber driver told us what a nightmare Pop is in the morning. He'd apparently picked up a few people from there and each of them complained about the lines for the buses, the food, and the Skyliner. I'd pay more to stay at CBR hands down right now. The reports out of Pop have not been great.

Which would be better resort to stay at in December. With the parks closing early, there is no "night life" at POP, except to sit in the food court. What's it like at CB? We stayed there once, but we were over in Aruba. (right before Riviera opened)....so is there a place to sit and get a drink at night at CB instead of heading into the room? There is about a $50 price difference per night in the room rates. Have stayed at both, and really like both....so don't know what to do.

I’m a vote for POP. We’ve stayed at both and CBR has no real, tangible benefits over POP in the post covid world. We stayed at CBR this last August and didn’t care for the resort. The rooms at CBR are old and outdated and unless you need a fifth sleeper, they are no where near as nice as Pop. The pool bar at CBR isn’t bad but it’s nothing special. Pop has a pool bar area as well. Only food options at CBR is the food court, same as Pop so having table service restaurants isn’t a benefit when closed. The resort has the most internal bus stops for WDW so while buses at pop aren’t amazing, it’s frustrating watching a full bus drive past you. If we stayed at either of these resorts right now, I’d likely plan to drive to MK or AK and skyliner to Epcot and DHS.

Geesh, I'm so not sure what to do. Pop is always my go-to resort when not staying Deluxe. We will have a car so I guess I could drive to parks if need be. Ugh....first world problems, right?

With a car? I'd save the money and stay at Pop. Without a car, CBR would be my pick. Just got back from a stay at Pop and transportation was brutal. 30 minutes to take Skyliner to CBR in the morning, and then another 30 minute wait to get to HS or Epcot. And we kept going earlier and earlier in hopes of beating the crowd. Bus lines were crazy for AK and MK as well. Buses were at the CBR Skyliner hub to take guest to HS. Thankful for that. It took exactly 8 minutes to get to HS by bus from that point. The Skyliner would have been at least 30 minutes. We also didn't really like the Food Court at Pop this time. We did love Primo Piatto at Rivera, great mobile order, quick service option.

We were just at Pop and had a great time. We spent a lot of time in the evenings at DS. We drove to DHS, used the Skyliner to Epcot (lines looked long at CBR, but moved very quickly), and buses to MK and AK (very long lines, they moved pretty well as long as they kept the buses coming constantly).

We only had one frustrating morning with the bus to MK. No buses were coming for at least 5 minutes and the lines got crazy. Took almost an hour that day to get on a bus. But that was one bus day out of 5. Most days there was a steady stream of buses coming through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter