pop v off property

firemanx

DIS Veteran
trying to do festival of the arts on short notice, and comparing a couple off property vs pop century, and i think the skyliner puts pop in the lead, but looking for outside opinions i've never stayed off property! will be a party of 2 for a friday/saturday stay APholder Fl residents.

trying to do festival of the arts on short notice, and comparing a couple off property vs pop century, and i think the skyliner puts pop in the lead, but looking for outside opinions i've never stayed off property! will be a party of 2 for a friday/saturday stay APholder Fl residents.
If you intend to do much drinking, staying anywhere onsite is better than having to Uber there and back.

Depends on the rate at POP ......... we stayed there one time and we actually liked it but if the price is anywhere close to Swan/Dolphin I would go that route. They do offer some discounts for certain professions or memberships should you fall into any of those.

Depends on the rate at POP ......... we stayed there one time and we actually liked it but if the price is anywhere close to Swan/Dolphin I would go that route. They do offer some discounts for certain professions or memberships should you fall into any of those.
The OP mentioned having an annual pass.

The promo code at the Swan & Dolphin for an APH is "QWH", although they don't often offer an APH discount for a Saturday-only stay. (This is by far the most popular night for stays at the S&D.)

Pop vs. off site? I'd 100% stay at Pop. Skyliner will save you money and time. It's super easy to go back and forth to Epcot from Pop on Skyliner vs. waiting for a bus offsite or worse spending money on an uber that you can be spending on food, art, or merch at Epcot. I stayed at Pop in August and loved how easy it was to hop on the Skyliner. That being said, Pop is motel style for sure. Could hear toilets flushing and families getting up at 6 AM walking outside the window. Not a quiet hotel, but also we stayed in the busier front section at peak season so some noise was expected. I wore earplugs the rest of the trip. I requested a king bed and got it. If I ever stayed there again, I'd definitely request top floor so no noise above us. I believe Skyliner is shut down for reno during part of January 2022. Make sure it doesn't overlap your dates.

Ap holder means free parking at the parks? Florida residents so will be driving/have a car?
I would vote for one of the Flamingo Crossing hotels. Free parking, free breakfast, generally good rates. Several previous posters assumed you would be drinking and not driving, not sure that is the case.

I'm 100% certain people have had great experiences staying off property. Not us. We had to stay off property once (Disney race weekend, no other options). Never again.

The staff wasn't Disney, and it showed. The shuttle ran infrequently and irregularly, and even passing the shops and eateries outside the park reminded us every day we were no longer in The Happiest Place on Earth.

And we love Pop. The refurbished rooms are terrific, and access to the SkyLiner is nice. And having access to Art's food court, shop, and bus service by walking across the bridge is a great plus. (It's especially nice returning from the parks. You can hop on either a Pop bus or an Art bus, whichever shows up first.)

It's our favorite value resort.

For 2 people definitely Pop. Skyliner plus I like how you have the option to fold up 1 bed for a table. It makes a small space more usable.

Go with pop. All of our off site stays have been less then stellar

I’d recommend off site. We, too, are FL resident AP holders who drive in to Orlando. We usually stay at an inexpensive Marriott property and drive to the parks. Love that free parking with the AP! We prefer being away from Disney at night. Hated our last stay at a Disney budget hotel—dingy, outdated, tiny room and it didn’t seem very clean cuz it was so old. Couldn’t get away from the crowds and the poolside cocktails were way overpriced and not good.

Ultimately, you are the one who knows what vibe you want when you unload your luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter