• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

POP transportation for early morning

OkanaganAmanda

Earning My Ears
We are staying at POP in August with our kids (aged 4 and 6). We have free dining and are upgrading to the DDP. The kids are big breakfast eaters so we are planning a few early morning ADR’s, ideally as close to when they start serving. We don’t want to miss out on short morning lines, so ideally will be done eating when the parks actually open. How early does the Skyliner and busses start to run? Ie if we had a first-thing ADR for Garden Grill, Crystal Palace and Tusker House can we get there by skyliner/bus? We aren’t renting a car and want to stick to Disney transport. Our 180 days starts this weekend and our choices will somewhat depend on being able to get there in time.

When parks open at 8am or later, buses start around 6:30. You can reasonably expect to be at a park gate by 7. If you're a few minutes late for an ADR due to transportation issues despite making a reasonable effort, I think the restaurant will usually accommodate you.

Skyliner is too new to predict hours for this summer. Currently, it starts running at 7:30 on most days, which would be OK for an 8am ADR at Epcot or DHS. Buses would be running for ADR's before Skyliner opens.

Thank you so much, Joelkfla. That was very helpful and I am happy to hear that getting to the parks via free Disney transportation won’t be an issue for those PPO ADRs. Now to snag the times I want ;)

I don't ever want to risk not being at rope drop so if you can hold off the hungry masses I would book more of a brunch time so that you can eat when the park is busy. We shoot for the latest breakfast seating since we are paying out of pocket and sometimes can snag both breakfast or lunch foods for the price of breakfast. Only you know your family but this works for us. Having a big brunch usually tides us over till a later dinner.

Thank you so much, Joelkfla. That was very helpful and I am happy to hear that getting to the parks via free Disney transportation won’t be an issue for those PPO ADRs. Now to snag the times I want ;)

FYI on Disney's web site they state to allow 90 minutes to get to an ADR using their transportation.

I agree with a previous poster--I love booking a breakfast for 10 am or so. Get to the park for open, ride a bunch of rides, and then eat a big breakfast.

FYI on Disney's web site they state to allow 90 minutes to get to an ADR using their transportation.

I agree with a previous poster--I love booking a breakfast for 10 am or so. Get to the park for open, ride a bunch of rides, and then eat a big breakfast.
I know, but I take that 90 minutes to mean traveling from one resort to another. Usually I would suggest allowing 1 hour for an in-park ADR.

But I think if someone is at the bus stop by 6:20, they should be on the first bus, which is generally between 6:25 & 6:45. Pop is very close to DHS, and just a bit farther to Epcot, and there are no multiple stops involved, so I think the first bus should arrive at the park by 7.

It would be a little tight for Akershush, but I think the Guests would arrive at the restaurants by 7:15.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter