Pop to Contemporary (for dinner) to Fort Wilderness (for Campfire Sing Along)??

coffeegal85

Earning My Ears
Hello! I am still a little new around here, so I hope that I am posting in the right spot. My question is in regards to my plan for arrival day/night. We are staying at Pop Century (should arrive late morning/early afternoon), and have dinner reservations at Chef Mickey's at 6pm. I am wondering how feasible it would be to go the Fort Wilderness Campfire Sing Along to meet Chip & Dale after dinner. My understanding is that we would take a boat over to FW and then take an internal FW bus to the campfire site? We would need to get back to Pop afterwards, though. Would we have to grab a bus to one of the parks and then back to Pop? Is this plan more trouble than it is worth? Any advice or strategies to share? Thanks in advance.

*We do have a 3 year old and a long day following*

When is the trip? Until sometime in early to mid fall, the campfire starts at 8 pm, then it will change to 7 pm. I think the switch is near the time change.

The boat from CR to FW is the most direct route. To get back to POP, you will need to take the bus back to either the dock and go to MK to catch a bus or to the FW entrance and take a bus to an open park to transfer to POP.

Maybe take the campfire as a maybe based on how the child is doing after CM.

Yes you will be able to take a boat from Contemporary. Like PP said though after the campfire you’d have to get back to MK and then get on a bus. I wouldn’t do it with my 2.5 year old, but my toddler is temperamental when he’s tired :)

Personally I would think twice about doing this on your travel day. Are you flying to WDW or driving?

If you're flying you will probably have been up since the wee hours of the morning and I know for us this would be too much to try and squeeze in on arrival day and we're park open to close people who go, go, go for 8 days straight.

You're going to spend a lot of time switching (and waiting) on different modes of transportation.

If you decide to do the campfire then afterwards you'll need to take an internal bus, walk to the boat, boat to MK, walk to the Pop Century bus, bus to Pop then walk to your room. You're easily looking at an hour of transportation after the campfire is done. (Speaking from personal experience as we did the campfire once and stay at Pop.)

If you have a long day the next day, perhaps consider a ride on the monorail instead? You can take the loop from the Contemporary, get off at MK and then just bus back to Pop.

I've found that the campfire program is usually close to dinner time (varies seasonally) plus you have to take an internal bus once you get to Ft. Wilderness, so I tend to avoid having a dinner reservation on the same evening that I go to the campfire program. For me it pairs better with quick service food either before or after the campfire program. Yes, I think the plan you suggested would be more trouble than it's worth, and would also be too much to do on arrival day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter