• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP - sans kids - just 2 adults ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
POP has some good reviews
So if we go back to WDW just us, DH & DW - in our late 50's
Should we consider a value like POP?
The pool would not be a factor.

What would sway us not to stay at POP if the buses are not reliable, packed and not on time
AND
If you can hear your neighbors in the adjacent rooms.

Any thoughts?

You can hear your neighbors in deluxe resorts if they are noisy enough. Especially if you have a connecting door.

also buses can be unreliable, packed and have long waits at any resort.

I always recommend giving Pop a shot. Request a Lakeview because it's quieter and peaceful and keep your washroom door closed. It helps to muffle the sounds of other toilets flushing. :goodvibes

We stayed there for our Honeymoon 11 years ago and loved it.
My husband's Aunt and Uncle (in their 60's ) stay there all the time and love it.
We just got back and took our kids there to see where Mom and Dad stayed and they loved it.
The only time we heard neighbors was once, and they were above us- it was the toilet flushing, not a deal breaker for us.

Buses were great when we were there, we only had to wait once and that was in the rain after Animal Kingdom at night Saturday- again, not a huge deal for us.

I love the decor and the "funk" of POP and we would stay there again, but we are a family of 5 and would need 2 rooms. If they had Suites at POP, we would totally stay there!

We're 2 adults early 50's amd always stay at POP. No probs with noise and at least the buses don't share with any other resorts.

My DGF and I stayed here on our first vacation to WDW that we planned ourselves (January, 2014). We loved everything about the resort. I do recommend the preferred room, closer to the buses and main building (food, gift shop, front desk, etc). Room was just enough for us with a King size bed. How often do you see/say that? I cannot recall hearing neighbors. We were fine with the food in the QuickService on POP property. The only thing I can think of that might do any swaying would be a crowded main building in the AM before parks opening. That's really all.

We stayed there together as a young married couple in 2009. It was awesome. Loved the food court and we were top floor 70s lake view. So peaceful.

The busses were some of the BEST I have ever ridden. Rarely a long wait besides at park closings.

Should we request the top floor ?
Where are the preferred rooms?

We we go early May.
Are there any sports or cheerleaders who stay at POP during early May 9such as May 1 - May 10?

I've stayed at POP twice and enjoyed it both times.

Most recently stayed there this past December.

We had a pool-view room (computer pool).

Had neighbors on both sides of the room, never heard anything out of either.

Walk to the main building and food court took about 2-3 minutes.

Bus service was excellent.

Housekeeping was great.

POP has some good reviews
So if we go back to WDW just us, DH & DW - in our late 50's
Should we consider a value like POP?
The pool would not be a factor.

What would sway us not to stay at POP if the buses are not reliable, packed and not on time
AND
If you can hear your neighbors in the adjacent rooms.

Any thoughts?

My husband and I are in our mid-50's and Pop Century is our favorite resort. There's nothing better than taking the walk along the lake and seeing an event that happened in each year from 1950-1999 and talking about things. Like, where you were when it happened or what you remember about that event. Or, in the later years, what you and your family were doing during that time. You can take a beverage of choice along with you (in a plastic cup or a can) and relive the past while still building your future together. We also love looking at all the icons and remembering why those things were important. On one memorable trip, my husband just started laughing uncontrollably. When he finaly stopped, he pointed at a shoe that was part of the decorations in the 0s area. He said his brother had a pair of shoes just like that "back in the day". The shoe was a platform type thing and if you knew his brother today, you would have laughed as well since his brother is a very asocial person the just the idea of those things being on my brother-in-law's feet was pretty funny.

The little things at Pop Century keep us coming back.

We stayed on our honeymoon 2 years ago. We loved it. We stayed at the Boardwalk this year and I thought the bus serice at Pop was better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter