Pop room

Poohsmommi

WDW local!
We have a room reserved for 4 adults at Pop. One in our party needs to use the roll in shower, so we booked the 1K 1 D room. I realize this will be two rooms that connect, but how does this work? Will our magic bands open both doors? Also, are any of these rooms the renovated rooms? We reserved for two different trips - one in preferred, and one in just a standard. Thank you.

OK - so just want to clarify a couple of things:

You made two reservations - one for a "preferred" room location, and a second identical reservation for a "standard" room location, correct?

Did you reserve TWO rooms per reservation (one of them being a roll-in shower room), and request connecting?

Or do you believe that you will get two rooms by asking for a King bed +roll-in shower for a party of four adults?

It's my understanding (and someone correct me if I'm wrong, please) that they only time that a king roll-in shower room will be "automatically" joined to a connecting with 2 bed is if two adults are traveling with children; even then I have seen scattered reports where people have had to pay for 2 rooms for a family of four (2 adults, 2 children). Otherwise, you will need to reserve 2 rooms for 4 adults.

Remember that connecting rooms are NOT guaranteed by Disney, but are always considered a "preference" regardless of the situation. The room bookers do try their best, but you will never be "guaranteed" a connecting room at Disney. You can also request "adjacent", which in Disneyspeak means "close to each other, but not necessarily next door".

I have not yet seen an updated room count regarding which areas of Pop have been completed in this forum - you may want to visit this Pop Century Resort Reno thread for that.

It is an accessible room. This is the way it comes - you do not pay for two rooms. I just wanted to know which buildings had the refurbished rooms. Last time, the magic band worked the king room. The connecting room doesn't even have a room number - it's the way the room is sold. With the refurbishment, I wasn't sure if it would be the same way, or if now both rooms will have room numbers and two ways to access.

King+double is a bookable category. There are rooms in different sections of the resort. At this time, I believe only 3 buildings have been refurbished and open to the public (7, 8 and 9), none are preferred rooms, and of those I believe only building 7 has roll-in shower rooms. I have not read any reports of the refurbed accessible rooms yet. If you get one, please be sure to report back.

Enjoy your vacation!

King+double is a bookable category. There are rooms in different sections of the resort. At this time, I believe only 3 buildings have been refurbished and open to the public (7, 8 and 9), none are preferred rooms, and of those I believe only building 7 has roll-in shower rooms. I have not read any reports of the refurbed accessible rooms yet. If you get one, please be sure to report back.

Enjoy your vacation!

Are they keeping these with the rehab though? I thought they were getting rid of furniture to make the rooms queen/murphy bed - so wouldn't they do that to the rooms with roll-in showers? Get rid of the king and make it queen, and add the murphy?

Your magic bands will open both sides. When we have trouble we just stop down at guest services and have them fix it.

Are they keeping these with the rehab though? I thought they were getting rid of furniture to make the rooms queen/murphy bed - so wouldn't they do that to the rooms with roll-in showers? Get rid of the king and make it queen, and add the murphy?

They have kept King rooms, no murphy bed just a table and chairs with updated dresser, fridge cabinet, etc. I haven't seen any reports of refurbed rooms with a roll-in shower, so I'm not exactly sure how those are being handled. However, they have to continue to offer some option to sleep a party of 4 with a roll-in shower. The roll-in shower takes up a larger space for the bathroom than a regular bath, so I don't believe they could do 2 queens (queen+murphy) with a roll-in shower unless they do a major reno creating a room+bath with a bigger footprint. And I have not heard they are doing anything like that.

Just returning from trip to Pop Century. We had adjoining refurbished rooms. The magic bands did NOT open both rooms. The magic bands for the people scheduled in each room opened that room. We opened the doors between the rooms, so we had easy access to both rooms. We did not have rollin showers, so I can't say whether that makes a difference.

They have kept King rooms, no murphy bed just a table and chairs with updated dresser, fridge cabinet, etc. I haven't seen any reports of refurbed rooms with a roll-in shower, so I'm not exactly sure how those are being handled. However, they have to continue to offer some option to sleep a party of 4 with a roll-in shower. The roll-in shower takes up a larger space for the bathroom than a regular bath, so I don't believe they could do 2 queens (queen+murphy) with a roll-in shower unless they do a major reno creating a room+bath with a bigger footprint. And I have not heard they are doing anything like that.

I thought they bumped out the front of the room at the entrance to make the space bigger? That way they could fit the queen and murphy, and the roll-in shower. Which resort does that now? I remember reading about it here on the DIS and someone posted a link with photos. So, they might have a king with a roll-in, for a party of two who wants a king sized bed (have to offer it) but a party of 4 would get the queen/murphy like all the other parties of 4?

I think POR may have the bump out. The POP rooms have a smaller base square footage than rooms at POR. Since I haven't seen reports of any roll-in shower room that's been refurbed at POP, it's possible they'll make changes. It was rumored that the king+double would go away; no confirmation either way. As of now, it's still a bookable category.

Definitely still bookable. We have it booked for January and March. I will report back after both trips to let you know.

Enjoy your vacation!
When we go in December I will take pictures and what ever else people want for info just let me know

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter