Pop or Dolphin?

• Pop

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Dolpin?

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters

pugbug

Earning My Ears
I'm currently booked for Pop for my May trip, but Costco has a great deal that would allow me to book the Dolphin for about $300 more than Pop. Is it worth it?

I've stayed at POP just one before for one night (I usually stay Deluxe), and I thought the hotel was way nicer than I expected. I haven't stayed at the Dolphin before, but I like the idea of being walking distance to Epcot and HS.

Help me decide! $300 isn't that much money, but if I book the Dolphin, I do have to pay now instead of making payments through Disney for Pop. I can swing it, but I wanted to make sure it was worth it.

In any Epcot resort you get to walk to half of the WDW parks, the Board Walk is (to us) practically a park in itself in the evening with magicians, jugglers etc on the boards, to say nothing of the ESPN Club and Big River. Also, you can see the aerials of Illuminations from BW or just stroll over, for as long as Ill. lasts.

Bill From PA

I'd say probably, how many nights is your trip? Being able to walk to HS and Epcot is a huge plus.
5 nights and three days in the park. I love Epcot, so getting to (easily) eat dinner there every night would be a huge plus.

Does that include the daily "resort fee" that the Dolphin has in your figure of $300?
Dolphin has more amenities then Pop has and since you're only doing 3 park days, that would probably be better for you

I would change to the Dolphin in a heartbeat. One thing to keep in mind: if you are flying in, you will have to get your own transportation, as you can't take MDE.

Have a great trip!

Costco doesn't play games. The resort fee is included if you're doing the pkg. If you are planning to go to ep or dhs a few times, especially early or late, factor in your travel time. Walking to ep is 10 minutes, dhs is 15-20. You also have the boats. The bw is at Dolphin's back door. You have all of the ep area resorts restaurants within walking distance as well. The pools are awesome. The restaurants are generally in the conversations of "best of" since they are not wdw owned. Heavenly beds. There's more...

Dolphin, Dolphin, and Dolphin. Especially, during the "Garden Festival" in Epcot in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter