• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP or CBR

jackport

Earning My Ears
For the same price I can get either a preferred room at POP or a standard room at Caribbean Beach. This is for a trip next week. There will be two of us (me and my elementary age daughter). We would spend a medium amount of time at the resort, mostly in the middle of the day for swimming and having a break from the parks. Given the pros and cons (CBR is under construction, room is not preferred, food choices... POP is a value resort, might have large groups of teenagers staying near us), which would you choose?

You might have teens at CBR as well ... they use it for groups.

You have a nicer pool at CBR but construction all over and no food court. The fact that the price is the same should tell you something.

Gets down to what you are willing to “put up with” ....

PS I have never seen the teen groups put in POP Preferred.

They both have their pros and cons. I really think you'd be happy with Pop. There's only 1 bus stop plus with a Preferred room you're closer to the front so that's a plus. Yes CBR has a pool with a slide BUT unless you plan on spending a lot of time there I would go with Pop personally.

I was in Pop pool preferred last week. There were no tour groups near us.

No way would I stay at CBR until the food court reopens.

I would stay in POP. However, I never choose a resort under construction. POP is a great resort and newly refurbished rooms are great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter