Pop Century with a ECV?

AngelaVa

Mouseketeer
We are a family of 3 adults and my 8 yr old grandson planning a Disney trip for September 10th-18th next year!!!
We are staying at Pop Century and my husband will be using a ECV for the full trip (looking into Gold Mobility Scooters), Will the room be big enough for the ECV with the two beds down and room to walk around? OR where can we place the ECV at night to charge it?
If there are any tips or suggestions that will help I am so thankful.

We are a family of 3 adults and my 8 yr old grandson planning a Disney trip for September 10th-18th next year!!!
We are staying at Pop Century and my husband will be using a ECV for the full trip (looking into Gold Mobility Scooters), Will the room be big enough for the ECV with the two beds down and room to walk around? OR where can we place the ECV at night to charge it?
make sure you have it in your room to charge as anyone could unplug or move it with out you knowing. ECV are very easy to move without the key. ask any CM how your ECV gets front where you get on to where you get off

We have folks here who have parked *2* rental ECVs overnight in a POP room. You should have no problem with one, and should be able to bring down the bed, and still move around.

The main thing to remember is to plug it in overnight to charge completely, every.single.night. That's important to have a care-free day the next day.

If your husband is new to driving a personal mobility device at Disney World, we have some tips and advice for him (if he is interested 🙂 )

My friend @Betty Rohrer already covered some great reasons to keep your ECV in your room, however, here is one more:

It's against Disney's rules to leave it on the sidewalks, or anywhere it could be become an obstruction:

If you all have any more questions about using an ECV at POP or WDW in general, let us know and we will do our best to answer!

As others have said, you should have no trouble. But if you do find that you need more room you can ask mousekeeing to move the table and chairs.

Will the room be big enough for the ECV with the two beds down and room to walk around?
Yes, you can fit an ECV in a POP room. Just be aware that with the queen beds now there isn’t a lot of “walking around” space even without an ECV. I think most people park the ECV next to the window. Another location is the area where the connecting door is (or would be). Be sure to raise the murphy when not sleeping, that will make it much easier to get in and out with the ECV.

We had 2 in our Pop room last Feb and will again next Feb with both beds down. There is space between the Table bed and the window for one. We puled the other one straight in, but I am not sure how well that would work in a regular room because the layout is a little bit different than the handicap room we were in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter