• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone concerned with noise in this area, I wouldn't be! Even for resting in the afternoon with pool activities, we have had no trouble sleeping and nighttime has been really quiet!

This is great to hear! I really want to stay in a preferred pool view room because I love the way that area looks (bright, tropical & fun) but I have been concerned about the noise, especially after we were in a VERY quiet standard room last time.

Now you have me seriously reconsidering my standard room choice...61 days so I'd better decide soon! lol

For anyone interested, I just saw a black snake outside of building #3 (50's section) about 24 inches long about 20 minutes ago. 2 night ago, I saw another but it was a baby.

We leave in 6 days! :banana: I did online check in requesting 50's lake view which I know is a popular request. Way back When I booked my package I also requested a king bed. If we show up and we're not in a king room what are the chances of us getting one if I tell them the building/view doesn't matter as long as it's a king room??

Pop Century Outdoor Movie Schedule for September:

8:30 PM - By the Hippy Dippy Feature Pool at Pop Century

•Sundays – The Princess Diaries
•Mondays – A Goofy Movie
•Tuesdays – Pocahontas
•Wednesdays – The Fox & the Hound
•Thursdays – Finding Nemo
•Fridays – Muppets Most Wanted
•Saturdays – Camp Rock

For anyone interested, I just saw a black snake outside of building #3 (50's section) about 24 inches long about 20 minutes ago. 2 night ago, I saw another but it was a baby.

And this is why I ALWAYS request a non ground floor. I know they can travel to higher floors, but in my mind, they only slither into first floor rooms.

Then again, in my mind they don't live in my yard here in Wisconsin but DD16 almost stepped on one right outside our back door the other day. I haven't been in the back yard since! Never thought I'd say "come on freezing cold winter!" to freeze off the snakes until spring. :worried:

You actually can't request a certain building but you can request a specific section: 50's, 60's, 70's, etc

If you call to add a request, you can ask for a specific building number, for example, building 1 (which is a 50's building). In the past I've been able to get assigned to a specific building at Pop.

As you say, during online check-in, you can't request a specific building number, but you can request a section.

If you call to add a request, you can ask for a specific building number, for example, building 1 (which is a 50's building). In the past I've been able to get assigned to a specific building at Pop.

As you say, during online check-in, you can't request a specific building number, but you can request a section.

I read the post as on-line check in so that is the way I was trying to answer it :goodvibesbut jcarwash, you are exactly right, you can call and add a specific building # request to your reservation :thumbsup2

And this is why I ALWAYS request a non ground floor. I know they can travel to higher floors, but in my mind, they only slither into first floor rooms.

Then again, in my mind they don't live in my yard here in Wisconsin but DD16 almost stepped on one right outside our back door the other day. I haven't been in the back yard since! Never thought I'd say "come on freezing cold winter!" to freeze off the snakes until spring. :worried:

I'm right there with you. We've seen snakes at Pop Century a few times -- never near our building though. We always seem to end up on the 4th floor and in my Pollyanna mind, snakes won't take the time to climb up all those stairs to get to my room. :)

And the only thing I like about winter is that I know I won't be surprised by snakes in my yard. We had to relocate a snake this summer. We live on 4 acres of land. There is a large wooded area at the back of our property. There is a small field next to our house. There are over 100 acres of farmer's fields across the street from us, but apparently, my front flowerbeds or under the back door steps (complete with 7 people constantly coming and going from this house and a black laborador retriever running around the yard every day) are the most appealing places for a snake to live around here. The one that took up residence in our flower bed this summer (and made the mistake of always appearing when *I* went outside) got captured in a 5 gallon bucket with a lid and driven (in DH's car) to a wooded area with high grass, lots of rocks, and a lovely stream running through it about a mile away from here. I'd say that was a HUGE free upgrade in accommodations. You're welcome for the pixie dust Mr. Snake. :rotfl:

CounselorX said:

Don't worry they don't eat much lol

no. NO. NOOOOOOOO!!!!! :scared:

We saw a black racer on the path near bld 1 from the parking lot near bld 1 to the bell service. Also at 70 around the lake.

Usually you can do the snake stomp and they'll hurry out of the way. Those snakes are good. They eat rats. Now if it was a cotton mouth that's a different story.

First floor or bottom, they slither they climb. Sorry.

bluezy said:
I'm right there with you. We've seen snakes at Pop Century a few times -- never near our building though. We always seem to end up on the 4th floor and in my Pollyanna mind, snakes won't take the time to climb up all those stairs to get to my room. :)

And the only thing I like about winter is that I know I won't be surprised by snakes in my yard. We had to relocate a snake this summer. We live on 4 acres of land. There is a large wooded area at the back of our property. There is a small field next to our house. There are over 100 acres of farmer's fields across the street from us, but apparently, my front flowerbeds or under the back door steps (complete with 7 people constantly coming and going from this house and a black laborador retriever running around the yard every day) are the most appealing places for a snake to live around here. The one that took up residence in our flower bed this summer (and made the mistake of always appearing when *I* went outside) got captured in a 5 gallon bucket with a lid and driven (in DH's car) to a wooded area with high grass, lots of rocks, and a lovely stream running through it about a mile away from here. I'd say that was a HUGE free upgrade in accommodations. You're welcome for the pixie dust Mr. Snake. :rotfl:

At my house, he'd have gotten a death sentence! No if and or buts about it!!

Are snakes protected species in the USA? Here in Australia, we are not allowed to kill many of our snakes, despite having some of the most poisonous snakes in the world!

On a better note, it is exactly 28 days until we will be checking in at Pop! And 25 days until we are leaving Australia (first stop-off - Las Vegas)

Are snakes protected species in the USA? Here in Australia, we are not allowed to kill many of our snakes, despite having some of the most poisonous snakes in the world!

On a better note, it is exactly 28 days until we will be checking in at Pop! And 25 days until we are leaving Australia (first stop-off - Las Vegas)

I live in Las Vegas and I hope you enjoy it. It's been rather hot lately but the cool down is coming or at least I keep telling myself this :thumbsup2

Don't worry they don't eat much lol

Hah, yeah. They don't bother me :), but I know some people can't stand them.

On a side note, I've also seen hundreds of tiny lizards and frogs since we got here last Saturday.

Are snakes protected species in the USA? Here in Australia, we are not allowed to kill many of our snakes, despite having some of the most poisonous snakes in the world! On a better note, it is exactly 28 days until we will be checking in at Pop! And 25 days until we are leaving Australia (first stop-off - Las Vegas)

I think there are maybe 5 snakes on the endangered species list here in the states. I believe most of them are found in California. I don't think a lot of people are killing snakes? Then again I don't live in a highly populated snake area.

OMG - all this talk about snakes is freaking me out. :scared1: I am TERRIFIED of snakes. I repeat TERRIFIED! :scared1: This is making me want to switch resorts! :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter