• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also requested a late Check-Out... 2pm. I know I need to check with the resort the night before. Has anybody had any luck with this? :confused:
You should actually request a late check out as soon as you get in your room. Call housekeeping, it's first come, first serve. The latest check out time is 1pm without fees.

Got confirmation from Amazon today that my Prime Pantry boxes made it to POP. Now we just need to get there also! I ordered a week early because I had been watching the items and Pepsi products seemed to come and go from being available and I need my Diet Pepsi!

Got confirmation from Amazon today that my Prime Pantry boxes made it to POP. Now we just need to get there also! I ordered a week early because I had been watching the items and Pepsi products seemed to come and go from being available and I need my Diet Pepsi!

Looks like I'm just gonna miss you. Dd and I will be there 8/11-13.

Love you signature! Was disney Paris amazing or not?

Looks like I'm just gonna miss you. Dd and I will be there 8/11-13.

Love you signature! Was disney Paris amazing or not?

DL Paris was amazing! It was my first ever Disney experience and it was crazy exciting. Looking back after all our trips now I think we were blessed with a low crowd day. We walked on everything (well DD was 6 months old so I didn't do a lot but DH did) we rode. I have so many pictures of cast members and characters interacting with DD.

Our entire France adventure was full of fun and excitement but Disney was the calm. I swear one day when I find a ghost writer I'm going to get that trip down on paper. From being pulled over three times in less than two hours upon entering France, to running out of gas and sleeping in the car in Lyon, to getting "stuck" on the opposite side of Paris as our car as they shut the subway system down due to France winning the World Cup and having to walk opposite of the mobs of people going to the Arc di Triumph pushing a baby stroller, to having a street vendor run my DH down because he thought he stole an umbrella ... man it was quite the trip! :)

When they ask are u celebrating something just tell them. They had my birthday button with all my check in paperwork at the front desk. Did get a happy birthday msg on the phone in room. Next day they left me a autographed picture of Mickey Mouse on my bed. Too totally cool.

We are from Australia, so have to pick up our magic bands on check-in. I guess this means we will be doing the good old-fashioned style check-in? Online check-in did show up as an option in my MDE today, as we are 60 days out. I clicked on it to see what it would do and it seems to work. What is the advantage of this? Does it just allow me to put in my room request?

Just as a side note because I am so excited... did our Fast Passes at midnight Orlando time, (although it was 1.30pm here - lol!) and managed to get everything I wanted, including Anna & Elsa and Seven Dwarfs Mine train. :dance3:

I sit here looking at piles of clothes and other "stuff" we think we need. Blessed and overwehelmed. Thankful that we are able to have the opportunity to go to Disney World! We will be at Pop on Thursday evening! Driving down, 15 hours drive,scared :(. Me my DH, 2DS 14and 10. It seemed so far away when we planned this in January, boy has time flown by! Can't wait!

When they ask are u celebrating something just tell them. They had my birthday button with all my check in paperwork at the front desk. Did get a happy birthday msg on the phone in room. Next day they left me a autographed picture of Mickey Mouse on my bed. Too totally cool.
Yep that's what we get too!
We are from Australia, so have to pick up our magic bands on check-in. I guess this means we will be doing the good old-fashioned style check-in? Online check-in did show up as an option in my MDE today, as we are 60 days out. I clicked on it to see what it would do and it seems to work. What is the advantage of this? Does it just allow me to put in my room request?

Just as a side note because I am so excited... did our Fast Passes at midnight Orlando time, (although it was 1.30pm here - lol!) and managed to get everything I wanted, including Anna & Elsa and Seven Dwarfs Mine train. :dance3:

Ya if room request, and cc info and PIN number in there it will save some time.

Glad you got all of your FP+s. :banana:

I sit here looking at piles of clothes and other "stuff" we think we need. Blessed and overwehelmed. Thankful that we are able to have the opportunity to go to Disney World! We will be at Pop on Thursday evening! Driving down, 15 hours drive,scared :(. Me my DH, 2DS 14and 10. It seemed so far away when we planned this in January, boy has time flown by! Can't wait!
:cheer2:

DL Paris was amazing! It was my first ever Disney experience and it was crazy exciting. Looking back after all our trips now I think we were blessed with a low crowd day. We walked on everything (well DD was 6 months old so I didn't do a lot but DH did) we rode. I have so many pictures of cast members and characters interacting with DD.

Our entire France adventure was full of fun and excitement but Disney was the calm. I swear one day when I find a ghost writer I'm going to get that trip down on paper. From being pulled over three times in less than two hours upon entering France, to running out of gas and sleeping in the car in Lyon, to getting "stuck" on the opposite side of Paris as our car as they shut the subway system down due to France winning the World Cup and having to walk opposite of the mobs of people going to the Arc di Triumph pushing a baby stroller, to having a street vendor run my DH down because he thought he stole an umbrella ... man it was quite the trip! :)
Great story! Thanks for sharing. :)

I haven't packed yet because I keep wearing my summer clothes. Today I will pack my toiletry bag. I bring a little of everything just in case. Band aids, Advil, corkscrew etc! :thumbsup2

:cool1: Yesterday booked my vacation. It has been 5 years since I was last at my 2nd home -- Pop Century :cool1: I am so excited come on 14 months go by FAST

I just packed the girls today. I will have to pack myself the week before. I don't have enough clothes. Dh is already packaged as well. I will pack all the toiletries this week.

We will be at pop at the same time! We are taking the auto train tues meeting my hubby at the swan . Staying there for 2 days until Friday is our officially start to disney. I'm all packed!! And just finished cleaning the house.

Ok with this streamlining thing do you have to have a cc attached to your magic band? I understand I have to have a card on hand for incidentals but I never attach a credit card to my card/band because I don't charge on it and don't want money accidentally taken off of it when I am trying to use a dining credit. Does anybody know?

Just to do the on-line check in you have to attach a cc.
To avoid having to attach a cc to your MB, you would need to do the regular check in at the front desk.
When I started to do on-line check in, it would not let me go forward without add a cc so I am bypassing on-line check in and going to the front desk since I agree with you, I don't want my cc attached to my MB.

We will be at pop at the same time! We are taking the auto train tues meeting my hubby at the swan . Staying there for 2 days until Friday is our officially start to disney. I'm all packed!! And just finished cleaning the house.

Cool! So jealous you are all packed, usually By now I have been packed for a week. It will all get done!

Cool! Jealous you are already packed!

I am two weeks and a day away from my trip. I am really getting excited now. Almost time to get the suitcase out of the closet.

Should I pack an umbrella, and a poncho/raincoat or both.

Do the safes at Pop Century have keys?

barbaraann said:
I am two weeks and a day away from my trip. I am really getting excited now. Almost time to get the suitcase out of the closet.

Should I pack an umbrella, and a poncho/raincoat or both.

Do the safes at Pop Century have keys?
Yes, the safes in the room at POP have an actual key access lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter