• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did not know about the Streamline thing till I started reading it here a few days ago. On our confirmation page, with the online check in, it says we are also Streamlined. I did the online reg. as soon as I was able to I think it was 60 days out, but didn't notice if it stated Streamlined at the time. When I went back after reading about it, it was there. 17 more days and were there, can't wait to be at the greatest place on earth!!!!

Please forgive my ignorance, but I think I'm still misunderstanding. With the Streamlined check-in, they text you your room assignment before you even get there... but you STILL have to go to the lobby anyhow? If you have to go to the lobby anyhow, why wouldn't they just give you your room assignment then? I thought the appeal of Streamline was skipping the front desk and going straight to your room? :confused3

Did not know about the Streamline thing till I started reading it here a few days ago. On our confirmation page, with the online check in, it says we are also Streamlined. I did the online reg. as soon as I was able to I think it was 60 days out, but didn't notice if it stated Streamlined at the time. When I went back after reading about it, it was there. 17 more days and were there, can't wait to be at the greatest place on earth!!!!

It's both fun and confusing this new "streamlined " thing.

I will try to screen shot the text I get and report any helpful feedback I can. Our checkin is 8/11.

:confused3

In the end I think it will be :cool1:

Please forgive my ignorance, but I think I'm still misunderstanding. With the Streamlined check-in, they text you your room assignment before you even get there... but you STILL have to go to the lobby anyhow? If you have to go to the lobby anyhow, why wouldn't they just give you your room assignment then? I thought the appeal of Streamline was skipping the front desk and going straight to your room? :confused3

They had a test that recently ended. In that test they texted room number and you went right to room. This time you have to go and checkin. Some think a cm with an iPad might ask you to show your ID and then the text will come. Unfortunately no one in this batch has reported back yet.

Again, I arrive 8/11 and I definitely will report back. :thumbsup2

I was just at disney in June so having something new is fun:banana:

:surfweb: I feel like that's all I've done since I booked this last minute trip.

If I'm understanding correctly, when you arrive/exit the ME bus, CMs will be there or in the lobby to scan your MB and then you are on your way. Still much faster than standing in line at the front desk for traditional check-in. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

If I'm understanding correctly, when you arrive/exit the ME bus, CMs will be there or in the lobby to scan your MB and then you are on your way. Still much faster than standing in line at the front desk for traditional check-in. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hopefully that's it!

Ok with this streamlining thing do you have to have a cc attached to your magic band? I understand I have to have a card on hand for incidentals but I never attach a credit card to my card/band because I don't charge on it and don't want money accidentally taken off of it when I am trying to use a dining credit. Does anybody know?

Ok with this streamlining thing do you have to have a cc attached to your magic band? I understand I have to have a card on hand for incidentals but I never attach a credit card to my card/band because I don't charge on it and don't want money accidentally taken off of it when I am trying to use a dining credit. Does anybody know?

From what I have read I believe you need a cc attached.

Yes there will be someone standing at the stanchions and you'll just need to scan and they'll say welcome or something. It's very quick! They'll scan it again once you leave your resort line to start boarding the bus.

You have to attach a CC or a debit card. I believe your receipt from each meal should say what your remaining credits are and I'm pretty sure the cast member at the register will ask if you want to use a dining credit. There's no reason you should be charged unless you don't want to use a credit or are out of them.

My online check-in now says I have streamlined check-in too, so hopefully it works like this!

You would attach a credit card but they can not charge anything to it that you don't want to because you would have to ener your pin # to authorize the charge

I'm a bit confused... I don't asked for a preferred room when making my reservation, can I still ask if there's any rooms near to the buses when I arrive and if we can be on one? Will they charge for it?

And I'm pretty confused as of what rooms are the closer to the buses, which decade etc. ):

You would attach a credit card but they can not charge anything to it that you don't want to because you would have to ener your pin # to authorize the charge

That's a good point, maybe I'll attach it and just never use it.

They had a test that recently ended. In that test they texted room number and you went right to room. This time you have to go and checkin. Some think a cm with an iPad might ask you to show your ID and then the text will come. Unfortunately no one in this batch has reported back yet.
Ah-HA! Okay, THAT is what I was thinking of. Didn't realize that was over now, and that this Streamlined Check-In is something different. Thanks! :thumbsup2

In other news... I'm 51 days out and just did my Online Check-In! Woohoo! One step closer now! :woohoo:

"Congratulations! Your online check-in is complete. Your reservation has Streamlined Check-in, just show your ID at the designated location in the resort lobby. Look for the logo. If your room is not ready upon your arrival, we will send you a notification to ########## as soon as your room is ready."

My requests are (in order): Early Arrival (1pm), Close to Transportation (I have a Preferred Room, so hopefully this won't be a problem), and 50s Section (I wanted to add Highest Floor too, but I was already maxed out). Sooooo fingers crossed! :cloud9:

Also requested a late Check-Out... 2pm. I know I need to check with the resort the night before. Has anybody had any luck with this? :confused:

I'm a bit confused... I don't asked for a preferred room when making my reservation, can I still ask if there's any rooms near to the buses when I arrive and if we can be on one? Will they charge for it?

And I'm pretty confused as of what rooms are the closer to the buses, which decade etc. ):

Check out this website:

http://www.popcenturysite.com

It has a map, and lots of other info on POP. Preferred rooms are in the 60's bldg, but there are plenty of rooms close to transportation. No charge as long as it's not preferred room.

Check out this website:

http://www.popcenturysite.com

It has a map, and lots of other info on POP. Preferred rooms are in the 60's bldg, but there are plenty of rooms close to transportation. No charge as long as it's not preferred room.
Preferred rooms are in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. The first 5 posts on this thread have tons of valuable information including links to maps.

I'm a bit confused... I don't asked for a preferred room when making my reservation, can I still ask if there's any rooms near to the buses when I arrive and if we can be on one? Will they charge for it? And I'm pretty confused as of what rooms are the closer to the buses, which decade etc. ):

We typically request a room in the 70s section as it is close to transportation and the food court. No need IMO for a preferred room.

Ah-HA! Okay, THAT is what I was thinking of. Didn't realize that was over now, and that this Streamlined Check-In is something different. Thanks! :thumbsup2

In other news... I'm 51 days out and just did my Online Check-In! Woohoo! One step closer now! :woohoo:

"Congratulations! Your online check-in is complete. Your reservation has Streamlined Check-in, just show your ID at the designated location in the resort lobby. Look for the logo. If your room is not ready upon your arrival, we will send you a notification to ########## as soon as your room is ready."

My requests are (in order): Early Arrival (1pm), Close to Transportation (I have a Preferred Room, so hopefully this won't be a problem), and 50s Section (I wanted to add Highest Floor too, but I was already maxed out). Sooooo fingers crossed! :cloud9:

Also requested a late Check-Out... 2pm. I know I need to check with the resort the night before. Has anybody had any luck with this? :confused:

I had no trouble with late check out. Called the night before. They gave us til 1pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter