POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the AoA bus stops being closer walk when leaving the parks than Pop, has anyone just use the AoA bus instead and just walk thru the resort and the bridge to Pop? I'm just wondering, plus we know how Pop's bus stop is crowdy at the end of nights

So the AoA stops are closer than Pop's????? :confused3

Here's the AoA/Pop bus stop lineup research I did on the AoA thread. Click the links for the photos (although I can't guarantee these stops won't change)

AK is really the one where the stops are not near each other.

AoA/Pop bus stops are (click for photos from easywdw and @Exprcoofto):

Animal Kingdom: #6 AoA #12 Pop
Hollywood Studios: #13 AoA #14 Pop
Magic Kingdom: #15 AoA #17 Pop
Epcot: #14 AoA #15 Pop

I'm still a little unclear on the room requests. If my room(s) are standard and I've requested connecting, can I still request a particular section(50s), and a specific floor? Or are there only certain areas that have rooms considered "standard"?

Get familiar with the room number maps at the beginning of this thread, and then make your request accordingly. There are certain wings of bldgs that are preferred. But, other than that, yes, you an still request an area or bldg.

I have found though, it works best to request particular things. For example: I paid for two standard rooms, and requested "connecting rooms, closest to the parking lot, closest to Classic Hall (bus stop, food, etc.)" I got a great set of rooms only a few rooms off of preferred in the 50s bldg. on the parking lot side. Telling them what bldg. sometimes isn't as helpful as WHY you want that bldg...i.e. lake view, being close to your car, or being close to the pool.

jcarwash said:
Here's the AoA/Pop bus stop lineup research I did on the AoA thread. Click the links for the photos (although I can't guarantee these stops won't change)

After a looong day in the park...this is gonna hurt :( lol

We are already planning our 12/2013 trip and looking at trying a new resort. We usually stay at CBR. Last year we got a pin for an upgrade from CBR to WL which was amazing! We were told from more then one person that pop is a great place for the money. Does is compare to a moderate resort such as CBR?!

Thanks for any input!!!

Question concerning the wifi at Pop. Headed for a week+ stay on the 25th, and in the past have used the in-room ethernet cable, but just recently read that wifi is now available throughout the property. How strong is the signal? I was thinking of bringing a Mifi as a backup, or even a T-Mobile HotSpot. Has anyone used Virgin Mobile's Mifi, or a T-Mobile HotSpot here at Pop before, and what was your experience. Planning on streaming our cable from home over the Slingbox so Dad can catch his baseball games and Law and Order while back in his room. Any suggestions or input is much appreciated. Thanks. :)

DisneyMom5 said:
Get familiar with the room number maps at the beginning of this thread, and then make your request accordingly. There are certain wings of bldgs that are preferred. But, other than that, yes, you an still request an area or bldg.

I have found though, it works best to request particular things. For example: I paid for two standard rooms, and requested "connecting rooms, closest to the parking lot, closest to Classic Hall (bus stop, food, etc.)" I got a great set of rooms only a few rooms off of preferred in the 50s bldg. on the parking lot side. Telling them what bldg. sometimes isn't as helpful as WHY you want that bldg...i.e. lake view, being close to your car, or being close to the pool.

Thanks for the information. This is very helpful.

Question concerning the wifi at Pop. Headed for a week+ stay on the 25th, and in the past have used the in-room ethernet cable, but just recently read that wifi is now available throughout the property. How strong is the signal? I was thinking of bringing a Mifi as a backup, or even a T-Mobile HotSpot. Has anyone used Virgin Mobile's Mifi, or a T-Mobile HotSpot here at Pop before, and what was your experience. Planning on streaming our cable from home over the Slingbox so Dad can catch his baseball games and Law and Order while back in his room. Any suggestions or input is much appreciated. Thanks. :)

I can only comment on the wifi. My parents were at pop in April and it was spoty. I'm brining my tablet but I only plan on using it to do SW check in.

jcarwash ... thank you! :worship: You are the best!!

After a looong day in the park...this is gonna hurt :( lol

Actually, look at it this way .... it keeps us POPers in good phyiscal shape!! :cool1:

It really isn't all that bad. I think after walking all day you don't even notice after awhile.:)

Exactly!! :goodvibes AND we do have some of the best bus service. :thumbsup2 Often times there are 2 buses waiting at park closing ...so while we do have a longer walk, we often have less wait time ....:goodvibes

Just got home from POP today:sad2: Here is the quick summary of the week.

1 teenager with ear infection
3 hour delay at airport
Request for ground floor, near transportation not granted (this led to issues when both elevators in our section went down one evening since we were traveling with 2 disabled people)
1 hour spent in AK first aid station with a 10yr old with a migraine
1 trip to urgent care with strep throat (this was me:()
1 child's key card lost
1 dead laptop
1 adult falling and injuring already injured knee
1 teenagers water globe could not go through airport security (this led to mother and teenager arguing and almost being detained by security. Must say I have never been so embarrassed by my family)
2 vans almost could not leave airport parking ramp due to me leaving my credit card with family at terminal

But all of this was by far overshadowed by a week full of amazing memories!!!

3 hour delay at airport
Request for ground floor, near transportation not granted (this led to issues when both elevators in our section went down one evening since we were traveling with 2 disabled people)
1 child's key card lost
1 dead laptop
1 teenagers water globe could not go through airport security (this led to mother and teenager arguing and almost being detained by security. Must say I have never been so embarrassed by my family)
2 vans almost could not leave airport parking ramp due to me leaving my credit card with family at terminal

oh yuck! i am sorry to hear that they wouldn't give you a ground floor, especially since you had disabled people in your group. it just makes sense to me. was it extremely full there? so other than the room request denial, how was everything else at POP? glad you at least had a good trip even though there were some setbacks! :cheer2:

well the suitcase came from the storage and started to get my stuff together

Already?? you put me to shame ... nothing in my suitcase yet...Sat is still 4 days away! :goodvibes

I'm still a little unclear on the room requests. If my room(s) are standard and I've requested connecting, can I still request a particular section(50s), and a specific floor? Or are there only certain areas that have rooms considered "standard"?

neeleyd ... just to add to DisneyMom5's reply, just to clarify, there are standard rooms offered in every section, every bldg. :goodvibes

As DisneyMom5 stated, familarize yourself with the 2012 map & legend on the frist page of this FAQ thread. The 2 pool views (std & preferred) and preferred booking categories are referenced; all other areas are standard.

For example, our request is connecting rooms, lakeview, 60s. That way POP understands that our first request is connecting, than lakeview, etc. Ultimately we would like all 3 but will be happy with the first request and then go from there. :goodvibes If we end up in connecting, lakeview in the 50s or 70s, we will be on :cloud9:

3 hour delay at airport
1 child's key card lost
1 dead laptop

Okay, so you definitely had an eventful trip! Happy to read your last statement though, as all in all, that's what really matters! You have a great attitude. :thumbsup2

As raraavis asked, was Pop full?? Also, did you book with special needs?? With every bldg having elevators, it is not a necessity for a ground floor (but certainly helpful). that's too bad that those requests could not be fulfilled.

I hope that all with medical issues are doing well. It sounds like you could use another vacation ... alone. :)

This has to be one of the fastest moving threads on the Dis boards.:goodvibes
As soon as I get home from work, I grab the notebook computer and my favorite lawnchair to catch up.:surfweb:

Tomorrow I dance because it's online check in day for us.:cool1::banana::dance3:
We've always stayed in the 50's. Lakeview was our favorite. So, I'll make the 50's lakeview request.
But, anywhere is fine by us. We're at Disney, at our favorite resort and I'm with DH:cloud9:

Anyone ever use T-Mobiles HotSpot wifi? I've heard that the Virgin Mobile MiFi is very good at Disney, so I'll probably take it along as a back-up, but if T-Mobile has good reception I may just grab one off eBay.

Count down to departure is in 11 days, and I'm staring at an already packed suitcase because I have to pack weeks in advance to sooth my OCD. lol

Count down to departure is in 11 days, and I'm staring at an already packed suitcase because I have to pack weeks in advance to sooth my OCD. lol

Is that what it's called... OCD? :lmao: Our suitcases have been packed weeks in advance and we're at 11 more days.:rotfl:

How do I go about making a building request? We are arriving Sunday (and I never requested anything yet)...will they still consider it? Do I call? Email? Help! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter