Pop Century Room Renovations

Which building is the one with Roger Rabbit sitting on top of what looks like a big oil drum? A friend and I stayed there last year and she liked it because it wasnt' too far from Hourglass Lake. Also, does anyone know if that building has been renovated yet?

I believe that's building 7. Check out post #2 of this thread for the most up to date renovation information.

I haven't kept up with all the gondola threads, but it will be interesting to see how this works. As a solo, I would feel a little weird being put in a gondola alone. The first speculative guesses of what the car would be were like the 10-person, but the concept art @HopperFan posted looks like a 6-person car, and you see only 2 heads in one of the cars, so... :confused3 I always figured they would combine smaller parties.

@scrappinginontario, sounds like your trip is off to a good start! I hope you have a wonderful time!

Oh and tossing in one more topic - are the "security room checks" happening only between certain hours of the day? Like 9-5, or similar?

From what im hearing it seems to be any time during the day. No specific hours, to me it looks like mainly prime napping time lol.

Here now. LOVE the new rooms!!! They feel so much bigger even with the Pluto bed down. I think it might be because of the white linens, lighter floors and many light options.

We are far away from Classic Hall but we’re discovering short cuts. Takes us about 7 mins to walk to Classic Hall.

Building 5 appears to be in the same state that @HopperFan reported earlier in the week. Will keep an eye out for changes.

Thanks @scrappinginontario for the info...hope you have a groovy stay!! :flower1::cool1::flower1:

Last edited:

I'm sorry I'm confused, does the new Pop rooms provide an inroom coffee maker?

Which building is the one with Roger Rabbit sitting on top of what looks like a big oil drum? A friend and I stayed there last year and she liked it because it wasnt' too far from Hourglass Lake. Also, does anyone know if that building has been renovated yet?

We stayed in building 7 at the beginning of this month. Totally refurbed. We loved the location.

POP friends,

Can not press enough to work that FP+ system. We are rollers so our goal is to roll all day long and rarely get in a SB line.

At Epcot today in good sized crowds and came with no FP+. We are THREE. We have been able to get anything we want but passed on Illuminations as it kicks us down.

Been on TT, Living with Land, Nemo and Soarin’. Heading now to Frozen. First FP+ for it we got an hour ago at 7 pm, kept refreshing, changed a few times and just nabbed one 1:20, yes 10 minutes away.

View attachment 297930 View attachment 297931 View attachment 297932 View attachment 297933
Love this! I wonder how it would work in July!?

We played ‘Spin the FastPass’ ;) yesterday and used 8 FPs in the MK and we Ladt at 3:00 for supper and the evening was rained out.

Have only 1 extra FP for Epcot today but it was a bit harder as we had a 2:35 Frozen FP that I was unable to move earlier.

It’s our funnel game this year and my DD is right into it too!

We played ‘Spin the FastPass’ ;) yesterday and used 8 FPs in the MK and we Ladt at 3:00 for supper and the evening was rained out.

Have only 1 extra FP for Epcot today but it was a bit harder as we had a 2:35 Frozen FP that I was unable to move earlier.

It’s our funnel game this year and my DD is right into it too!

8 is not bad for leaving early. I think max we've done at MK was about 12+ in 6-7 hours. Yeah, having that later one hurts. At Epcot on Thursday we could have gotten Illuminations but that would have stopped us, so we passed.

Does anyone know off the top of your head which reno buildings have the shower/tub combo? We don’t have children so it’s not a huge deal. I’ve been loving baths/water since becoming pregnant. I’m planning on relying on the pool. But just in case I want a bath lol

I think it depends room to room more than building to building. I've been in both 9 & 6 and had tubs.

I requested building 9 as we were there last time and loved the location. But we only had a shower. So I might get lucky lol

I requested building 9 as we were there last time and loved the location. But we only had a shower. So I might get lucky lol

We have stayed in 80's and 90's and I think we've had renovated 4 times now. Every single room had a tub. Just a note that I thought about last week while there, the tubs are small.

We have stayed in 80's and 90's and I think we've had renovated 4 times now. Every single room had a tub. Just a note that I thought about last week while there, the tubs are small.

I just thought of something.. we’re the rooms you stayed in on the first floor? I wonder if that may be why we only had a shower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter