Pop Century Room Renovations

They haven’t installed mine yet, but I brought shampoo and conditioner that were nearly empty, planning on throwing the bottles out before going home. But now . . .:rolleyes1

I haven’t noticed any BTG at the resort or on the buses, but I heard a BTG at AK last week. They were coming up behind me on the bridge to Asia, chanting. I went one way and they went the other.

I will be at POP 7/3-10. Am
I likely to encounter the BTG? I'm a little nervous about them, but I'm hopeful it won't be a huge issue.

Am here at Pop, checked in on Sunday. Haven't heard anything at the resorts, while we are in our room (80s, 4th floor) or in the food court.

They ARE out in full effect in the parks though. Not so much at Epcot on Sunday, but definitely at HS yesterday and at MK today. HUGE groups, with your guides with little pennants in flagpole to lead the way. Clapping and chanting and shouting erupts at various points during the day and on the rides.

That's gonna be a close race! Folks already posting links online to buy mini bottles that come with little funnels.

BUT I'm betting when we check in our bottles will be nearly or fully empty, and it will take 2 days and 3 phone calls to get them filled.

COME ON Disney, housekeeping already misses us at least one day per trip, doesn't ever refill our beverage station (not even cups that are obviously gone), 50/50 leave us another shampoo and soap AND never clean the floors. Now you want them to unlock the stocks, remove the bottles, take off lids, pour in more soap, put on lid, return to stock and lock it back up. Bless your hearts.

And if you decline your housekeeping, now it's a big to do if you need more shampoo. Our trip, we needed supplies, made a call, they tossed them on the bed while we were out. All around, this is an unnecessary pain for housekeeping. They already have enough to deal with.

Nothing if paid in full.

If you are a room only and have only paid the one night's deposit, they will charge the remaining amount due for your room.

It used to be you paid upon arrival, but now with online check-in and CC attached to your account ... they will go ahead and charge your room when they open up in the am. For those wanting to use gift cards or cash or split pay, that is a problem so best not to do online check-in or attach a CC.

Once DH was working part of the trip so he was paying for those nights .... but they charged the whole thing to me at 6 am. So on arrival we had to go through the whole credit and recharge process.

We are paid in full. :) Just reread what you posted. Thanks :)

That's gonna be a close race! Folks already posting links online to buy mini bottles that come with little funnels.

BUT I'm betting when we check in our bottles will be nearly or fully empty, and it will take 2 days and 3 phone calls to get them filled.

COME ON Disney, housekeeping already misses us at least one day per trip, doesn't ever refill our beverage station (not even cups that are obviously gone), 50/50 leave us another shampoo and soap AND never clean the floors. Now you want them to unlock the stocks, remove the bottles, take off lids, pour in more soap, put on lid, return to stock and lock it back up. Bless your hearts.
Our housekeeping was severely lacking at Pop. They made the beds, that's about it. Trash wasn't emptied, towels and toiletries weren't replaced and neither were cups on the coffee station. Now they are expected to check and replace three different bottles in every room? :rotfl2:Good luck with that. You know they'll leave them in the room until they are empty, leaving guests with nothing to use to shower.

I am not worried about the shampoo dispensers but the BTGs are kinda freaking me out. We'll be a POP next week, first time at a Value (and looking forward to it!), but hopefully it will be a quiet retreat from the parks. Fingers crossed. I remember seeing these groups in the parks in the past but haven't had any problems with them; last time at POFQ there were cheerleading groups but would only see/hear them practicing in the mornings on our way to the bus (and they were respectively making noise away from the rooms, closer to the parking lot). I have no problem with people having fun on their vacation; but I do expect quiet for sleep!

We declined housekeeping. Once there was an unattended cart on our floor, I exchanged dirty towels for clean ones. Later in the week, the housekeeper with a cart exchanged towels, bathmat and handed me 2 tubes of shampoo and 2 conditioners, plus soap.

FOR THOSE OF YOU THERE NOW ...

The not surprising terrible reports are coming in from some parks and AllStars regarding the BTG. We had two NIGHTMARE years with them at POP, so then started staying offsite. Last year we went back to POP but got our request for 50's ... they normally put them in 80's and 90's. Of course reading and we are heading down next week, I'm having that pit in my stomach. Have requested 80's for a new room. I can deal with skipping the pools and food court, and we usually leave after them morning ........ but do need my sleep. Has anyone felt any impact at POP or in new rooms.

I'm hoping they won't put them in new rooms at POP and then not at all once done ........... having seen how the treat the rooms.

Getting nervous .......... I don't want to deal with it ... again.

We'll be there at the same time! Fingers crossed that we both get a nice, refurbished room in a quiet area! I have seen a few recent reviews where the most noise heard is from the toilets, so ..... hopefully.......

Remind me again about the opting out of housekeeping. Is it $10 a night and how do you get the reimbursement? Also, do you just go to the desk and opt out if you've done online check in?

Remind me again about the opting out of housekeeping. Is it $10 a night and how do you get the reimbursement? Also, do you just go to the desk and opt out if you've done online check in?
Yes you can go to the front desk to tell them you want to opt out. They normally will email a gift card to you. I believe it's $10/night, but it doesn't include the first night of your stay.

It is $10 a night, minus one night. You'll receive an e gift card and yes, go to the front desk if you'd like to participate.

We're staying at Pop May 22nd-29th, with a "preferred pool view" room, which I think is Building 5, but I can't swear to it because I've never been there. Does anyone know if that's correct, and if so, if the renovations will be completed by then? It looks like they have just very recently started working on Building 5 (again, not sure if that's my building or not) and it's taking between 70-90ish days to complete a building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter