Pop Century Room Renovations

I seem to remember hearing that they might install shampoo and conditioner dispensers in the shower rather than use the small bottles. Can’t remember if this was at Pop though or other resorts.

The thread that started in the summer mentioned POR. I don't know if they put the dispensers in all the rooms or just some?

FOR THOSE OF YOU THERE NOW ...

The not surprising terrible reports are coming in from some parks and AllStars regarding the BTG. We had two NIGHTMARE years with them at POP, so then started staying offsite. Last year we went back to POP but got our request for 50's ... they normally put them in 80's and 90's. Of course reading and we are heading down next week, I'm having that pit in my stomach. Have requested 80's for a new room. I can deal with skipping the pools and food court, and we usually leave after them morning ........ but do need my sleep. Has anyone felt any impact at POP or in new rooms.

I'm hoping they won't put them in new rooms at POP and then not at all once done ........... having seen how the treat the rooms.

Getting nervous .......... I don't want to deal with it ... again.

The not surprising terrible reports are coming in from some parks and AllStars regarding the BTG. We had two NIGHTMARE years with them at POP, so then started staying offsite. Last year we went back to POP but got our request for 50's ... they normally put them in 80's and 90's. Of course reading and we are heading down next week, I'm having that pit in my stomach. Have requested 80's for a new room. I can deal with skipping the pools and food court, and we usually leave after them morning ........ but do need my sleep. Has anyone felt any impact at POP or in new rooms.

I'm hoping they won't put them in new rooms at POP and then not at all once done ........... having seen how the treat the rooms.

What’s btg? Big tour groups?

count yourself lucky,imagine very large groups of teenagers being away from home with minimal supervision being...teenagers
I can only imagine lol
When are they normally there? I’ve only been there the first couple weeks of March and mid-late May.

we were there the second week of july last year and the tour groups were out in full force then. I am not sure about other times

There were tour groups at POP all weekend and we never heard them from our room. In fact, we didn't hear much in the room. I saw reports of loud noises from above, loud toilets, etc and we didn't notice any of that. We were on the 3rd floor, building 9, room 9302.

We do travel with a sleep machine, so I guess that helps?

We left Saturday morning. On Friday we did notice some tour groups, but they were HS bands from around the US. Like above PP, we were 4th Floor building 10 and other than a few toilets flushing — wow they’re LOUD! We didn’t really hear any noise. We had a connecting room with DS and his family, we never opened the doors and never heard any noise from his room either.

What’s btg? Big tour groups?

I think it stands for Brazilian Tour Groups.

It stands for BIG TOUR GROUPS. They are from a couple places, but mostly two.

I can only imagine lol
When are they normally there? I’ve only been there the first couple weeks of March and mid-late May.

You are good.
The tour groups are early January to about the third week of February. One place goes back to school in earlier than the other so the late Feb groups are from only one place.
The next wave is in July.

There were tour groups at POP all weekend and we never heard them from our room. In fact, we didn't hear much in the room. I saw reports of loud noises from above, loud toilets, etc and we didn't notice any of that. We were on the 3rd floor, building 9, room 9302.

We do travel with a sleep machine, so I guess that helps?

We left Saturday morning. On Friday we did notice some tour groups, but they were HS bands from around the US. Like above PP, we were 4th Floor building 10 and other than a few toilets flushing — wow they’re LOUD! We didn’t really hear any noise. We had a connecting room with DS and his family, we never opened the doors and never heard any noise from his room either.

Used to be they put them all in the buildings by the computer pool, so I was hoping since that was renovated they wouldn't be at resort at all. Guessing they are putting them in older rooms.

Toilets have always been loud but the new rooms without carpet and very little soft goods makes the noise travel more.

Fingers crossed we experience a quiet trip as well.

Have had a renovated room, three times now, and every time we had a tub ... when I wanted a shower. Maybe it would do them good to add that to the request list.

Just thinking out loud .... someone correct me if wrong .... the room requests are located in the online check-in section? The only way to do online check-in is to add a credit card because they will charge your room the morning of arrival ... allowing them to send you a room number.

If you aren't putting a CC on your account or have the dining plan .............. do you still need a PIN?

Question: What are they charging to your room the morning of arrival if you already paid in full?

Question: What are they charging to your room the morning of arrival if you already paid in full?

Nothing if paid in full.

If you are a room only and have only paid the one night's deposit, they will charge the remaining amount due for your room.

It used to be you paid upon arrival, but now with online check-in and CC attached to your account ... they will go ahead and charge your room when they open up in the am. For those wanting to use gift cards or cash or split pay, that is a problem so best not to do online check-in or attach a CC.

Once DH was working part of the trip so he was paying for those nights .... but they charged the whole thing to me at 6 am. So on arrival we had to go through the whole credit and recharge process.

Yep, they charged my balance at 2pm on arrival day. I wanted to use my Disney Visa rewards, but I didn't get the chance. Lesson learned!

I consolidated my gift cards and paid ahead on my TA's website, even thought it was a room-only reservation. They had a place for gift card info and you could make two payments per day. Seemed like a good idea to get it out of the way, as it is still refundable.

Which happens first, someone makes multiple calls during a trip asking for more after draining the bottles into their own containers, or someone will figure out how to unlock the thing and swipe all 3 big bottles checkout day?

That's gonna be a close race! Folks already posting links online to buy mini bottles that come with little funnels.

BUT I'm betting when we check in our bottles will be nearly or fully empty, and it will take 2 days and 3 phone calls to get them filled.

COME ON Disney, housekeeping already misses us at least one day per trip, doesn't ever refill our beverage station (not even cups that are obviously gone), 50/50 leave us another shampoo and soap AND never clean the floors. Now you want them to unlock the stocks, remove the bottles, take off lids, pour in more soap, put on lid, return to stock and lock it back up. Bless your hearts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter