Pop Century Room Renovations

Can somebody tell me what toiletries are provided in the rooms? Specifically if there is shampoo and conditioner or just "conditioning" shampoo? Thanks. I am trying to travel light.

We were not getting replacements ... so be prepared. We also didn't get replacements of coffee, cups etc. Quite lax.

IMG_6353.JPG

We were not getting replacements ... so be prepared. We also didn't get replacements of coffee, cups etc. Quite lax.

View attachment 290532
It was a hit or miss for us too for replacements. I’ve had to phone front desk or go down to get replacements, annoying since our room was quite far from main hall. We did speak to the resort manager about it. This was the first time staying in a WDW resort where supplies weren’t replaced. They did a good job of keeping room clean though.

Can somebody tell me what toiletries are provided in the rooms? Specifically if there is shampoo and conditioner or just "conditioning" shampoo? Thanks. I am trying to travel light.
Separate shampoo & Conditioner H2O Sea Marine, and a bar of bath & Facial each H2O sea salt.
HopperFan posted a great pic of new sizes. The shampoo & conditioner are larger sizes, but I noticed soaps are .5 oz smaller than what we had at our last WDW resort. I don’t know if it’s just because the values get smaller soap or it it’s resort wide.

I was at Pop back in May and was provided with a bottle of shampoo, a bottle of conditioner, and 2 bars of soap each night. It’s H20 product and I want to say it was from the Sea Breeze collection.
Are they supplying coffee/tea with cream/sugar etc now that these rooms have coffee makers? Also, curious if the in room fridge will hold a gallon of milk?

Are they supplying coffee/tea with cream/sugar etc now that these rooms have coffee makers? Also, curious if the in room fridge will hold a gallon of milk?
I was there before the first batch of refurbished rooms opened so someone else on this thread may have a better idea.

Yes. No. Yes. Yes. Not sure.

I think 3 trips now in new rooms, never did they refill for me.

See these pictures.

This is what we have had in our room on three trips. We have yet to get refills .... so be prepared to ask if you use them.

View attachment 287375

View attachment 287376

Last edited:
It was a hit or miss for us too for replacements. I’ve had to phone front desk or go down to get replacements, annoying since our room was quite far from main hall. We did speak to the resort manager about it. This was the first time staying in a WDW resort where supplies weren’t replaced. They did a good job of keeping room clean though.

3 trips in new rooms, never got replacements. Have had days where room never got cleaned. It is so aggravating that next trip I think I'll ask for the rebate for no housekeeping .... I mean I've allowed no housekeeping and got no money so I need to be smarter. I am one who is totally against no housekeeping because I don't trust others to do the right thing with trash etc BUT the poor service is just not worth it anymore. We'll see, depends on if I shorten trip.

AND I have to wonder are they just trying to make me miserable so ....
if they take away housekeeping as an included service and you have to pay for it ................

Separate shampoo & Conditioner H2O Sea Marine, and a bar of bath & Facial each H2O sea salt.
HopperFan posted a great pic of new sizes. The shampoo & conditioner are larger sizes, but I noticed soaps are .5 oz smaller than what we had at our last WDW resort. I don’t know if it’s just because the values get smaller soap or it it’s resort wide.

Yes, we noticed the mini soap. And it would be fine if they replaced every day, but they didn't. Rates go up, soap gets smaller. :laughing:

I don't think anyone has reported what section of building 5 was started on first. If they started with some preferred pool rooms you'll MIGHT have a 50/50 shot since by then they may have those renovated in bldg 5 but the same preferred pool rooms in bldg 4 will be old style.
It is the section closest to the main building. Both poolside and away from the pool.

So, maybe I should bring my own cleaning supplieso_O and opt out of housekeeping. I already bring my own body wash, shampoo and conditioner as well as pump soap (don't like mushy bar soap). Granddaughter can help make the beds and straighten out room each day!

When I was there I took the towel I used to dry my hair laid it on floor and "swept" by standing on it and dragging it from bathroom sink to window - and then didn't look at bottom of towel bc I didn't want to know lol

I had no problems with a dirty floor and had more toiletry replacements than I could have ever used during my stay. It was always late afternoon when housekeeping got to my room.

No. There is no building 4. :D

Nope, this time I am correct. When looking from the Classic Hall towards the Hippy Dippy Pool, Building 4 is the one on the right of the pool. This I know for sure as it’s our favourite place to stay! Just check out the map and you will see all of those rooms start with number ‘4’.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter