Pop Century Room Renovations

Yes definitely! I just really want to lay my head (and body) on a new mattress! LOL

I read some reviews on how the old rooms are so dirty and the rugs all stained and gross. And I just hate to pay the same amount for an old, dirty room.

I have stayed at Pop 20+ times and this has never been my experience. Yes, the refurbished rooms are fresh and have some perks (pardon the pun! ) but when I arrive in Jan I’ll just be happy to be back at Disney and Pop, regardless what room I get.

I have stayed at Pop 20+ times and this has never been my experience. Yes, the refurbished rooms are fresh and have some perks (pardon the pun! ) but when I arrive in Jan I’ll just be happy to be back at Disney and Pop, regardless what room I get.

Around 30 stays and have never had a room that was in disrepair, stained, dirty or poor shape. Not new, but always clean and the white duvets went a long way in keeping the rooms feeling fresh. I've always been surprised the walls were not marked up so I guess they regularly do touch ups.

At this point, if someone will only be happy with a new room and disappointed with an old room .......... I would just stay somewhere else. And if the point is they cost the same ............ I'm looking at it this way, the new rooms are right now costing the same as the old rooms price point but once this whole thing is done I think we can expect that all the prices will jump up there, especially when sky buckets open.

Last edited:

Around 30 stays and have never had a room that was in disrepair, stained, dirty or poor shape. Not new, but always clean and the white duvets went a long way in keeping the rooms feeling fresh. I've always been surprised the walls were not marked up so I guess they regularly do touch ups.

At this point, if someone will only be happy with a new room and disappointed with an old room .......... I would just stay somewhere else. And if the point is they cost the same ............ I'm looking at it this way, the new rooms are right now costing the same as the old rooms price point but once this whole thing is done I think we can expect that all the prices will jump up there, especially when sky buckets open.
This is so very true. With the rumors that they will be getting rid of tiered prices and the new rooms and gondolas, I see this inching closer to mod prices. The all stars next on the list for upgrades and if they get their own buses, guess they wont be cheap either.

And I agree, even the older rooms are fresh and clean every time i have stayed. I don't know of any hotel that I have stayed at that hasn't had a stain or two on the carpet, but with the complaints of the dirty laminate floors, i don't see that as a bonus either. I find it almost laughable that prices will go up just because the rooms now have coffee pots and the gondolas. I have a friend who stays at the deluxes and still packs her portable kureg. I would hate to pay 20 or 40 more just for a coffee pot that I will never use.

This is so very true. With the rumors that they will be getting rid of tiered prices and the new rooms and gondolas, I see this inching closer to mod prices. The all stars next on the list for upgrades and if they get their own buses, guess they wont be cheap either.

And I agree, even the older rooms are fresh and clean every time i have stayed. I don't know of any hotel that I have stayed at that hasn't had a stain or two on the carpet, but with the complaints of the dirty laminate floors, i don't see that as a bonus either. I find it almost laughable that prices will go up just because the rooms now have coffee pots and the gondolas. I have a friend who stays at the deluxes and still packs her portable kureg. I would hate to pay 20 or 40 more just for a coffee pot that I will never use.

Don't drink coffee and have no intention of getting on a Disney gondola ... Disney monorail evac record isn't good.

NOW I do love the very comfy queen beds! But if price goes up I can get that and more offsite for less.

I just checked out yesterday. I'll start by saying POP is not my favorite resort. I really only chose it this trip because it was the only thing available. That being said I really wanted to try the new rooms to see if it did become more of a draw for me to stay there.

I did get a renovated room (7169). I really like the new style. I didn't notice any more or less noise than any other value room. (I was on first floor) I know that my building and the section was supposed to be sold out according to the manager but there was an empty room next to me and the mattress was still in its plastic wrapping so I'm guessing the room was out of service for some reason.

I declined housekeeping (only there late Saturday to early Tuesday) and that's actually common for me to do so the gift card was a bonus plus I could see if the new floors really did cause more of a cleanliness issue. Since I was only there three nights I got $20 which I applied back to my room charges on my last evening.

I did not find the floors to be particularly 'dirty' to begin with. I removed my shoes at the door, I kept a towel by the bed to wipe my feet on, and I noticed after that the second night there was 'debris' on the floor but it was easily swept aside with my foot or avoided much as I would if I saw stuff on the floor on a carpet. By the end of the three days I still did not have a problem with the floors being gritty or dusty/dirty. I even wiped the floor with a towel at the end and did not pick up any thing gross.

My socks did not get dirty in the room (or any dirtier than expected from wearing socks all day then walking in them in the room for a little while). So there was no dust or dirt laying around.

Fridge seemed to do just fine with keeping water and milk cold. I did have to play a bit with the temp gauge and I removed one shelf for the half gallon of milk to fit.

Plenty of storage space for one person. (I will say that the EIGHT pillows seemed excessive and because I did not have the Murphy bed down there is really no good place to store them. I eventually put two in the 'closet cubby' and stacked the other 4 on the extra chair at the table). I really like the area with the fridge/coffee pot. I thought it was a good use of space and gave me a place to stick my Clif Bars, and the few extras I had like plasticware/napkins/ cups.

I did notice that I woke up very warm. Not sure if the motion detector on the thermostat rumor is true or if was just the fact that there was a blanket and the 'cover' on the bed and I tend to sleep warm. I was there during the cold snap, so the overnights were in the low 40s mid 30s, but I didn't really ever have the heater come on that I was aware of.

Coffee maker was great! Coffee itself was so-so LOL. My only complaint was that they only had "Equal" and "Sweet&Low" in the room and I use Splenda but that was solved by a trip to the food court. They did have liquid creamer pods not powdered for those with a preference. ( I dislike both but have used the liquid in a pinch as I refuse to use powder)

The toiletries were the H2o Sea Salt line. Separate shampoo and conditioner, bath soap, face soap. I came down with minimal luggage so I decided I would survive it for a few days. NOPE! I know folks love that line but I just find it so not moisturizing and it's crap for de-tangling.

I do like that the bathrooms have the mag mirror on a movable arm. That was super helpful. I don't like the skinny full length mirror as much but it was also in a good position and useful.

I don't mind that there is still only a single sink as I am solo when I stay at the Values.

I hate the new beds. I'm not short (5'7") but I have short legs. The bed is about an inch-inch and a half to tall for me to sit on with out having to hop up a little and since it's soft sided I slid off if I tried to just scoot on to it. It's also really really soft and squishy. I didn't find it to be very comfortable. I probably should have pulled down the Murphy to see if it was better but then I'd have lost the table and I like the table. In fact I loved the table. I like that it was not off to the side of the tv and I could sit there and eat or put in my contacts or work and still see the TV. Oh and I never hit the corner even once.

All in all I liked the look of the rooms (and I think it fits in very well with the Pop Culture theme of the resort) and found it to have more pros then cons. I don't think the new rooms will make this my go-to resort but I will be more likely to consider it in the future especially once they get the resort done and there is not the random lottery aspect to getting a renovated room.

I hope that they do this at the other values.

Don't drink coffee and have no intention of getting on a Disney gondola ... Disney monorail evac record isn't good.

NOW I do love the very comfy queen beds! But if price goes up I can get that and more offsite for less.
True. I just did the math and decided to join DVC as it seems more ecinomical for me. I've only been when the free dining has been happening so I see that going away soon and the discounts on room only are not that great on values, and there are rarely any discounts on tickets so... For me best choice.

I wouldn’t go so far as to stay somewhere else. I’m just really hoping for a new room.

I will be disappointed if I don’t get one. But I won’t be devastated.

I saw pics someone posted on a travel review site. They posted pics of mildewed tile in the shower and stains on the carpet.

I’ve never felt it was dirty at Pop myself (I skeeve all hotel carpeting though) but I haven’t been in a few years. My last Disney trip was Disneyland.

I wouldn’t go so far as to stay somewhere else. I’m just really hoping for a new room.

I will be disappointed if I don’t get one. But I won’t be devastated.

I saw pics someone posted on a travel review site. They posted pics of mildewed tile in the shower and stains on the carpet.

I’ve never felt it was dirty at Pop myself (I skeeve all hotel carpeting though) but I haven’t been in a few years. My last Disney trip was Disneyland.
Was it on TripAdvisor? I saw a pretty bad review on there yesterday with pictures of the bathroom mold and stains on the carpet.

I declined housekeeping (only there late Saturday to early Tuesday) and that's actually common for me to do so the gift card was a bonus plus I could see if the new floors really did cause more of a cleanliness issue. Since I was only there three nights I got $20 which I applied back to my room charges on my last evening.

All in all I liked the look of the rooms (and I think it fits in very well with the Pop Culture theme of the resort) and found it to have more pros then cons. I don't think the new rooms will make this my go-to resort but I will be more likely to consider it in the future especially once they get the resort done and there is not the random lottery aspect to getting a renovated room.
I too just got back from staying at POP (10/25-10/30)-room 8334. I also choose to not have housekeeping-since I was alone I figured I wouldn't make a mess. I feel your review is spot on (except the bed-but I'm 6ft so my feet hit the floor).

I like a cold room and set the temp to as low as it would go at 65 and turned thenfan to high and away from auto. Stayed cool all night (I also travel with a small table fan for white noise so that might have helped). When I'd get back in the evening from a conference I was attending the temp seemed to have reset to 72 but once turned down it stayed set all night.

Floor never got super dirty or dusty. By the end of day five it could have used a light sweeping but wasn't in anyway gritty or what not.

Only problem I had was the room still had a bit of the glue smell you get with new floors. Woke up with a headache the first two days but went and got a decongestant and that helped.

Overall a nice stay for one but would be way small for my family if they had been with me. (I would stay again by myself or with my wife)

Just arrived yesterday! Had a room in the 50s building 2. Asked for a renovated room and got building 10.
Do we know that building 6 is blocked off? Sorry haven't been able to keep up . I took a pic with my phone, but it says it's too large. But it is all blocked off
That's GREAT to hear! That's the first notice that it's all blocked off. THANK YOU! Enjoy your stay!

So start date for Building 6 was November 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter