Pop Century Room Renovations

I have tried everything from different browsers, computers, phones etc and the room selection boxes are greyed out with no selections available.. any other ideas on why it won’t let me do our online checkin for Dec?

You can complete Online Check In. It's just that the room request section is broken. And it's broken on WDW's end. Nothing you can do. Just skip the room request section and use the always reliable calling in your requests.

I am going to POP this weekend just staying one night only the 28th. I called a few days ago and requested a refurbished room( for allergies it would better) in hopes that I get it. I knew it was just a request but asked them if they couldn't accommodate it, could the room be thoroughly cleaned as my mom has asthma and is allergic to dust amongst other things - do you think it would be helpful if I send a fax too? I'm just not sure of what specifics to give and what the appropriate number to fax it is.

Thanks in advance!!

Just ask for the medical cleaning regardless of it you get a refurbished room or not. I had a massive asthma attack in a new room-I think now that it had a dog in it before me or possibly in one of the nearby rooms and dander was coming in through the vent. I was aware of being allergic to dogs but I didnt see any around and so I didnt think about being a problem. I had not had an asthma attack since I was very little, I didn't even ever remember having asthma, but after getting home and talking to my mom about what happened she said - oh yeah you had asthma when you were really little until we got rid of our dog. The lack of carpet may be helpful but it doesnt guarantee that there wont be allergens in the room. I lost one of the days on my trip to an asthma attack that required hospital treatment, trust me just ask for the medical clean for any room you get.

How successful has everyone been lately on getting a renoed room when requested? I am considering changing my reservation for next week to Pop to save some moola. I am a Pop veteran and I did get to experience a new room over July 4th. Loved it.

How successful has everyone been lately on getting a renoed room when requested? I am considering changing my reservation for next week to Pop to save some moola. I am a Pop veteran and I did get to experience a new room over July 4th. Loved it.

They are harder and harder to get these days as the word is out how great they are and only 3 buildings have been renovated and opened so far. You can request one but it's also becoming quite common on this thread to hear of people who have requested a refurbished room (fax, online, calling, etc) and still not been granted their request.

You can ask for one but I'd also be cautiously optimistic about getting it as so far only 30% of the resort has been renovated.

Hoping we get a renovated room but totally understand if we don't (and I'm bringing my mini coffee pot in case we don't!). Any speculation on how far along the renovations will be by March 25?

Hoping we get a renovated room but totally understand if we don't (and I'm bringing my mini coffee pot in case we don't!). Any speculation on how far along the renovations will be by March 25?

At this point the only ‘for sure’ by March 25 is that 4 buildings will be refurbished and open. We can hope a 5th building would also be completed by then buts its truly too difficult to tell as there hasn’t been any true pattern set.

You can always find a current status of the renovations in the second post of this thread.

They are harder and harder to get these days as the word is out how great they are and only 3 buildings have been renovated and opened so far. You can request one but it's also becoming quite common on this thread to hear of people who have requested a refurbished room (fax, online, calling, etc) and still not been granted their request.

You can ask for one but I'd also be cautiously optimistic about getting it as so far only 30% of the resort has been renovated.

I went ahead and changed back to Pop and requested a refurbished room in bldg 9 while I was on the phone with them. I will try to do the Touring Plans fax too, but may be too late to do that. On that I added that should my requests not be available, then please put me in my favorite spot of 50s or 60s lakeview. We will see what I get. Pop is my home resort but was looking to splurge a bit but decided against it. Next time....

Still nice that you got a lake view room!

I was in room 4145. My only complaint is that is was a connecting room to 4144. I could hear my neighbors whole conversations sometimes through the door. Last year I was in room 4141 which was the PERFECT room. I walked around the resort quite a bit and saw that some rooms in building 6 (the ones facing out towards the lake) have windows covered with construction permits on them.

Sorry to hear you did not get one of the new rooms. Had you faxed your request in too? You could possibly ask to be moved the next day if something opens up if you wanted. Not sure if you want to fool with moving rooms or not. Hope you have a great trip!!!
I did fax my room requests. My stay was for only 4 nights so I didn't think it was worth having to move rooms for such a short stay. And thank you, I did have a great trip!

I was in room 4145. My only complaint is that is was a connecting room to 4144. I could hear my neighbors whole conversations sometimes through the door. Last year I was in room 4141 which was the PERFECT room. I walked around the resort quite a bit and saw that some rooms in building 6 (the ones facing out towards the lake) have windows covered with construction permits on them.

Thanks for the report. Were you able to see anything in building 10?

2 for 2, July and October. And October was multiple reservations they combined and I didn’t move.

OHHH here is hoping that means 10 opens soon and 6 goes into reno mode FINALLY

I check in Saturday and I've gotten the bypass the desk email.

We'll have to see if I get a renovated room. (Standard Pool View) I requested the 80's.

Technically I get in that evening, but I may have underestimated my arrival time (as I wasn't sure I was keeping my flight time) so I'm hoping to get a text mid to late afternoon.

I'm hoping that the renos will be done by September 2018. But if not that's ok because I love staying in the 50's section either building 1 or 3.

For those staying in the 90's or 80's - are the rooms (standard) that much further from buses than the standard in the 70's? I know last time I stayed at ASMu we were in Rock N Roll in a back corner and the walk to/from buses seemed FOREVER - I always felt POP's layout made even the "farthest" room not that bad of a walk, but maybe I am wrong. Last Dec we were in a preffered Room in building 6 - ground floor, LAST room all the way to the end so if we walked around the corner there was the lake. As much as I want a new room for coffee maker I want to also keep from risking being what feels like far away from the buses.

What area of the resort is the gondola construction by? Is it noisy by specific buildings? DH and I are going March 18-24 and will be staying in a preferred room. I'm trying to avoid refurbishment construction noise and also gondola construction noise. It's okay with me if the room is not refurbished. Mainly just want to make sure it is quiet when we come back for our afternoon rest break. :cat: Any help is appreciated!:dogdance:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter