Pop Century Room Renovations

building 10 is still very much under construction.
Well, that's not what I want to hear. LOL. I was hoping they were nearing the end of the building 10 refurbishments. Certainly they will have it back open by Thanksgiving?! I'm really hopeful as even if we don't get building 10 (which we'd love), it would at least increase the chances of getting a refurbished room.

Was talking with a CM earlier today regarding my questions about the dog policy and also my reservation at Pop in January. She said that they are almost done with the refurbishments, and I said for which decade, and she said "the whole resort, from what I can understand!". As much as I wanted to believe her....that seems really far off the mark based on the info I gather from this thread!

I talked to a cast member last night that said renovations would be complete 2018. When I asked which month in 2018, he said that information wasn't released yet. Not to be a Debbie Downer but my guess is none of them know for sure yet.

Had to move rooms at WL and had to take our stuff down to bell service in the morning, then when we got back from the parks, call bell service to bring it up. No automatic just moving it to our new room.
I use Bell Service button on phone and they have always been up to my room in under 10 min to pick up luggage. Don’t know why they wouldn’t come pick up your luggage? I’ve always had to call down to request luggage as generally they won’t deliver luggage unless you’re in the room.
Just make sure you leave a room open for us. :yay::rolleyes1:thanks:
Meeeee too!

Agreed! If they don't know something for sure just say that. Or say "hold on, let me check the DIS".
:laughing::laughing:

I talked to a cast member last night that said renovations would be complete 2018. When I asked which month in 2018, he said that information wasn't released yet. Not to be a Debbie Downer but my guess is none of them know for sure yet.

I am sure no one on the ground knows yet. The project managers that sometimes are seen on site might have an idea since they are in charge. The permit goes to end of May. I think at some point around New Year we may see a modification permit drop with a new date since they clearly are taking much longer than predicted. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a fall date.

The plus for Disney is these rooms out of service will push folks to more expensive options, maybe help keep CBR fuller. After driving by there, wow.

I’m thinking they either don’t know or they can’t actually say a date because they would most likely be wrong.

The plus for Disney is these rooms out of service will push folks to more expensive options, maybe help keep CBR fuller. After driving by there, wow.

This is a good point. I kept thinking of having a building down as costing them money from having a lower inventory and having to turn guests away but your right, people arent necessarily going to stay off site, they are going to go with a Disney different resort that has availability.

I almost switched my reservation to CBR when they were giving the 75 a night gift cards since it makes staying at a moderate resort so very cheap-cheaper than staying at Pop was. I thought hard on it because I wasnt sure how much of an inconvenience it would really be with having the food court and main pool down in addition to other construction going on. I was still considering when they stopped offering the gift cars and it made up my mind for me. Then I saw the Dreams Unlimited Travel show where Tracy talked about her first hand experience of what it was like staying at CBR during the construction and I was so glad that I didnt switch to CBR. I would not have been happy with the resort experience they have there right.

I have often had our luggage delivered when we're not in the room. We arrive via DME, head to a park or DS and arrive at our room later to find the luggage waiting inside.
Yes, that’s the only ones that will be delivered to room. But if you are storing luggage with Bell Service because you’re changing resorts ( I use taxi to take my luggage to new resort) or arrive by car and leave luggage with Bell Service until Room is ready you have to phone for luggage when you get into room.

Well, that's not what I want to hear. LOL. I was hoping they were nearing the end of the building 10 refurbishments. Certainly they will have it back open by Thanksgiving?! I'm really hopeful as even if we don't get building 10 (which we'd love), it would at least increase the chances of getting a refurbished room.
I'm here now and looking at building 10 I would be amazed if it was open by thanksgiving. Not meaning to be a Debbie downer however DH and I walked past first floor windows last night and some of those rooms are a complete disaster. A few were put together but not a lot. I hope they are complete for your arrival but be prepared for the worst.

We are in one of the renovated rooms and there certainly is a lot of floor noise. We went to bed fairly early last night but the family above us didn't get back from the parks till later. We heard a lot of running and someone, I'm assuming a child, kept dropping something on the floor. It was a loud bang each time. If you don't like noise then for sure request top floor and if you have children try and keep them mindful of the noise they could be creating for the people below.

ETA--I just took a 'stroll' up to the second floor of building ten and a lot of the rooms I saw look fairly good, some even made up ready to go. There were sections though that have do not cross borders though so maybe they are the areas still being worked on. I could be wrong and maybe it will be ready. Still wouldn't count on it but it would be a nice surprise.

Last edited:
I'm here now and looking at building 10 I would be amazed if it was open by thanksgiving. Not meaning to be a Debbie downer however DH and I walked past first floor windows last night and some of those rooms are a complete disaster. A few were put together but not a lot. I hope they are complete for your arrival but be prepared for the worst.

We are in one of the renovated rooms and there certainly is a lot of floor noise. We went to bed fairly early last night but the family above us didn't get back from the parks till later. We heard a lot of running and someone, I'm assuming a child, kept dropping something on the floor. It was a loud bang each time. If you don't like noise then for sure request top floor and if you have children try and keep them mindful of the noise they could be creating for the people below.
Thanks for this info, this was my main concern, I want a refurbished room but really need a quiet room. Should I request 80/90 and then add in top floor?

@tinkerone thanks for the update. ::sigh:: I have a Preferred room in February. I can live without the new room, but I love the 70s, would be ok with 60s, and really don't want 50s, and the longer this drags out, the more likely it seems I'll get stuck in a location I'm not happy with.

Thanks for this info, this was my main concern, I want a refurbished room but really need a quiet room. Should I request 80/90 and then add in top floor?
Not sure however if you are averse to noise I would for sure request top floor. Mostly we don't notice noise and it doesn't bother us to much but it is noticeable in this room. Not so much we would not request a refurbished room, these are really nice. DH is in love with the tv. I'm in love with the bathroom. Was never a fan of those bathroom curtains you pulled across to get privacy.

Luggage arriving via DME works differently for some reason then luggage arriving from bell service for other reasons.
CMs delivering DME luggage are "tipped" by Disney. They are paid a little extra since guests won't generally be around to tip. Otherwise bell services is a tipped position. Guests have to be present to be able to show appreciation.

Last edited:
I thought hard on [CBR] because I wasnt sure how much of an inconvenience it would really be with having the food court and main pool down in addition to other construction going on.

The main pool at CBR is largely unaffected by the construction--the only impact is the bar has moved to a temp spot, and the temp bar is really ugly...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter