Pop Century Room Renovations

Hello, all! I'm considering booking Pop for a last-minute trip next month. What are the chances of getting a refurbished room at this point?

Hello, all! I'm considering booking Pop for a last-minute trip next month. What are the chances of getting a refurbished room at this point?
I would still think pretty good. They have three buildings now and a lot of the refurbed rooms were taken by people fleeing Irma this month, so I would still say you have good odds.

I see from my last trip, 3 years ago, that they have added a room preference to the mix, so now there are 4. Does anyone have a map of POP that outlines which section is which? I have always chosen the back side of the buildings near the Hippy Dippy Pool, facing the lake and they were standard. It was perfect for us, close to the pool, dining hall, nice view and no issue with noise from the pool. I suspect that is now in the new class.

I see from my last trip, 3 years ago, that they have added a room preference to the mix, so now there are 4. Does anyone have a map of POP that outlines which section is which? I have always chosen the back side of the buildings near the Hippy Dippy Pool, facing the lake and they were standard. It was perfect for us, close to the pool, dining hall, nice view and no issue with noise from the pool. I suspect that is now in the new class.
That side is still standard. I think its the best area.

That side is still standard. I think its the best area.

60's facing the lake is still my preferred choice too and so happy that it's standard!

I'm secretly hoping (but not planning) on at least one of those buildings being refurbished by our Jan trip. Pretty sure we'll need to request elsewhere this trip as I'd like a refurbished room if possible but I can dream that they'll get 1 60's building done in time for our trip.

Still hoping for a preferred renovated room in early November. Which building with preferred rooms is slated to be finished first? I know a refurbished preferred room isn't likely but a girl can hope. I had a standard room and switched to preferred because I got it at the same price with one of the promotions. Didn't know about the refurbs at the time. Would much prefer a refurbed room over a preferred location but the resort seems to be fully booked up so no changing now. Thanks!

Last edited:
Still hoping for a preferred renovated room in early November. Which building with preferred rooms is slated to be finished first? Checking in on Nov 9th so I know a refurbished preferred room isn't likely but a girl can hope. I had a standard room and switched to preferred because I got it at the same price with one of the promotions. Didn't know about the refurbs at the time. Would much prefer a refurbed room over a preferred location but the resort seems to be fully booked up so no changing now. Thanks!
I'm thinking that by this time there will be one of the 70's buildings done and I think they have preferred rooms in the 70's but they might be limited.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/pop.htm

Hello, we fly in from the UK on Oct 17th, and having booked it all about 18 months ago, we had no idea that POP would be getting refurbished, so we have paid for a Preferred Room. I was thinking about asking if we could move to a refurbed standard room, but my sister would rather stay in a preferred room to be close to facilities/bus stops etc, than a new room, so I think we will stick to preferred. I've accepted that none of the preferred rooms will be renovated by the time we check in, based on this thread.

So has anyone got any recommendations for their favourite preferred rooms at POP, or 'best' in terms of location to bus stops/food court and being nice and quiet? We have been to Disney a few times but have never stayed onsite in a Disney hotel, I have looked at Touring Plans for room info, but nothing beats the opinions of people who have actually stayed at POP multiple times!

Thanks
We prefer the 70's buildings. No pool noise, closer to the buses and closer to the food court then the 60's. Second would be the 50's, pool there is really quite but a little more of a walk to the buses and food.

Still hoping for a preferred renovated room in early November. Which building with preferred rooms is slated to be finished first? Checking in on Nov 9th so I know a refurbished preferred room isn't likely but a girl can hope. I had a standard room and switched to preferred because I got it at the same price with one of the promotions. Didn't know about the refurbs at the time. Would much prefer a refurbed room over a preferred location but the resort seems to be fully booked up so no changing now. Thanks!

Building 10 in the 70s is currently being worked on. Logically it could/should be done in early November, but it sounds like they lost about a week to Hurricane Irma and who knows if they have extra issues with the building. Half of bldg 10 is preferred, so 144 rooms.

Building 10 in the 70s is currently being worked on. Logically it could/should be done in early November, but it sounds like they lost about a week to Hurricane Irma and who knows if they have extra issues with the building. Half of bldg 10 is preferred, so 144 rooms.
It didn't lose a full week. I think it only lost a few days. I can say that they were back working on these rooms by wend. But some of the rooms appeared to need a lot of work and some were very close to being completed.

Thanks! Its something to hope for.

Is it still just building 10 currently being worked on? Wasn't sure if maybe parts of 6 began to start as well - seeing as previously 2 buildings were worked on at a time would love to see both 70's sections underway

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter