• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Room Renovations

Great storage, lots of places to put clothing, toiletries, etc. Agree that I would have liked to see a video of the second bed being taken down for use at night.

Regarding the Bathtub and Shower door. We were at WDW 4 weeks ago and had the same bathdub with glass doors and lower metal track on our room at the Beach Club Villas and Coronado Springs (new room) and I thought the same thing about cleaning. One of them was not balanced properly and kept creeping open and the other one had an issued rolling back and forth. I think it looks nice but they are making lots more work for their staff. There were other things in both rooms that looked like dirt collecting spots as well.

Aww. Sorry.

I don't know why they have that metal piece along the bottom of the shower doors. The actual track is on top. The whole purpose of the top track is so that you don't have a track on the bottom. But apparently here there is something. Maybe it's a lip to keep the water from splashing out? Not very convenient with babies.
There needs to be a track at bottom as well to hold the glass in place - we have a slider at home same thing the track may be at top but the bottom needs to be secured still.

I agree. Bathing kids will be very annoying. But even without kids, getting in and out of the tub and have your feet accidentally brush against the metal door tracks will also be awful. And the tracks must be kept clean of hair, dirt, garbage! Not to mention the doors themselves must be scrubbed clean on both sides! Shower curtains, you can just throw them in the wash. I can understand all the other changes of the new rooms even if I might not like them for my family -- the bigger beds, the hard floor, the multiple cubbyhole space, the coffee maker, the space under the beds. But the shower doors does nothing. It doesn't provide more space or make things easier to clean. I have stayed at 7 different Disney resorts, from value to deluxe, and nobody has shower doors! NOBODY!!! Do the Pop Century designers really think they are the first ones to consider shower doors because the other resorts' designers just couldn't think of it?

I don't believe they are using shower doors because people steal curtains. Who the heck wants a hotel shower curtain? What do you do with an extra shower curtain? And if you are going to steal, why not steal the new coffee maker? That's far more useful and is worth more. Or the artwork on the wall, which is worth even more. or the pillows or bedsheets or lightbulbs or that panel with 3 Mickeys on it!

Last fall I was at Pop. I bathed my baby by sitting on the edge of the tub while watching the baby in the tub. The tub has a wide, smooth edge, very nice for sitting, and the room doesn't have a stool I can use to sit next to the tub. Now I can't do that anymore, plus there's the shower door blocking half the access to the tub! Ugh! And when I get the baby in or out, I must lift him extra high so that his legs don't drag across the metal tracks. Ugh!
I agree with you, but maybe housekeeping can provide the stool? it won't hurt to ask :wave2:

Odd question but can someone who is there or has been there confirm or deny that there is extra blankets in the room? My son likes the room below freezing at night and I'm more of a 80 degrees is cold type person so I always have to pull the extra blanket out.

Sorry guys, we just checked in they didn't have any refurbished connecting rooms available. Waiting to get our rooms assigned. Looks like they will be in the 50's. :confused3

Has anyone been able to see any photos of a room with a roll-in shower? Pop used to have a room with a King & a full that was an Accessible room for 3 or 4 people (not just a king for 2). Any information on these room would be greatly Appreciated!

Has anyone been able to see any photos of a room with a roll-in shower? Pop used to have a room with a King & a full that was an Accessible room for 3 or 4 people (not just a king for 2). Any information on these room would be greatly Appreciated!

Search through the couple POP Century threads .... I am pretty sure I saw it posted that someone was trying to book it or inquiring, and told that particular room would not exist anymore, only traditional bedding accessible rooms.

My guess is we won't know for sure until the renovation is complete or someone actually stays in it, and it has been renovated.

Sorry guys, we just checked in they didn't have any refurbished connecting rooms available. Waiting to get our rooms assigned. Looks like they will be in the 50's. :confused3

Well that's a bummer. But you're still at Disney!!! Maybe someone who does have a refurbished room would be willing to borrow your tape measure and do some measurements for us. J/K....sort of... :D

Have a great visit!

Thanks! I had ordered nice ones from Target but when I got them they were so much heavier than I thought. I can't add that much weight to my suitcase because as it is we are always at 50 lbs each bag. I found them at Walmart. I'm ordering these:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstay...um-Blue/187405897?variantFieldId=actual_color

Thanks! I had ordered nice ones from Target but when I got them they were so much heavier than I thought. I can't add that much weight to my suitcase because as it is we are always at 50 lbs each bag. I found them at Walmart. I'm ordering these:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstay...um-Blue/187405897?variantFieldId=actual_color

Those ones from Walmart at the one I use for the most part along with a bunch (same quality) that I bought at Dollar Tree several years ago. They go with us on every trip regardless of where we're staying (including non-Disney trips).

Regarding the Bathtub and Shower door. We were at WDW 4 weeks ago and had the same bathdub with glass doors and lower metal track on our room at the Beach Club Villas and Coronado Springs (new room) and I thought the same thing about cleaning. One of them was not balanced properly and kept creeping open and the other one had an issued rolling back and forth. I think it looks nice but they are making lots more work for their staff. There were other things in both rooms that looked like dirt collecting spots as well.

I am just getting myself super worked up over this :headache:
It is just so crazy they decided this was the way to go with the tubs. Walk in showers I get. Tubs...why???? And apparently resort wide!!!!
When we remodeled our bathroom we opted to go with just a shower curtain for our shower (not tub even) as I am just so over cleaning all the time. Easy to toss the curtain in wash over scrub the door. We live with hard water so easy decision. But the kicker for me at Disney is the small children needing baths. I am concerned over that and I don't even have kids.
whatever.

There needs to be a track at bottom as well to hold the glass in place - we have a slider at home same thing the track may be at top but the bottom needs to be secured still.
I've seen some without a track on bottom. They just have one metal piece in the center where the doors overlap.

I am just getting myself super worked up over this :headache:
It is just so crazy they decided this was the way to go with the tubs. Walk in showers I get. Tubs...why???? And apparently resort wide!!!!
When we remodeled our bathroom we opted to go with just a shower curtain for our shower (not tub even) as I am just so over cleaning all the time. Easy to toss the curtain in wash over scrub the door. We live with hard water so easy decision. But the kicker for me at Disney is the small children needing baths. I am concerned over that and I don't even have kids.
whatever.

They should leave a squeegee in the bathroom so after the shower we can just take the water off, like we do with our car windshields. I RV with some friends and they have one hanging and when im done with my shower, a few swipes. No water spots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter