Pop Century Room Renovations

I was there last week. We were in building 7. On 5/21 they started on the last section to be worked on in Bldg 9. People stayed there on 5/20 and the next day when we came back from the parks all the soft goods were ripped out.

I am glad that they are renovating these rooms because they really need it :)

I didn't read the thread, but I highly doubt it was loud because of the new flooring. My wife is a property manager for a large high rise apartment building and they just went through the decision process of new floors. I've seen/read multiple sound studies she brought home during that process on carpet vs vinyl flooring. All the results show very minimal or nonexistent differences. Now if they were putting in a laminate or hardwood, that'd be a different story. But the vinyl floors WDW is using, if installed properly, are not louder than carpet.
If you can hear toilets flushing and people talking before the refurb, you'll sure be able to hear it after they remove all soft surfaces.

I hear the first guests have checked in to refurbished rooms - are they in here somewhere that I missed or no?

Ohhhh this is exciting!!!! I was figuring it would take until mid June to hear solid updates
I saw pics, I thought they came from here but apparently not - must be on FB somewhere - they were sent to me. Look exactly like what we saw peeking through the windows in the other pics.

I saw pics, I thought they came from here but apparently not - must be on FB somewhere - they were sent to me. Look exactly like what we saw peeking through the windows in the other pics.
Oh wow, I didn't think those rooms would be occupied for a while. Please share? We all can't wait.

36 hours until I arrive - I have a request in for a renovated room. We'll see what happens! I'm already planning on getting a cheapo coffee maker and grounds off Prime Now if I'm not blessed with a renovated room, but if I get one of the new rooms, I'll take the time and post a bunch of pictures here.

We are arriving Sunday and I requested a refurbished room. When would my assigned room number show up in MDE?

Funny story about our neighbours from hell. Our first stay at POP which was about 11 years ago we had a room with the connecting door. The people next door where constantly arguing with their kids(as in every minute they were in the room). Both kids and adults yelling. They would slam doors and also the dresser drawers and that took us a while to figure out what the noise was. They would arrive back to the room after 10pm and then get up in the morning before 6am. This went on for several days. Well, one morning it was just after 5am and they started yelling and banging. My DH got up to use the washroom and accidentally tripped on the carpet and ended up slamming his hand against that connecting door. The noise instantly stopped and we never heard the neighbours again.

Still to this day we laugh about it because if we had known it was as easy as banging back we would have done it and not suffered through very little sleep and noise for the better part of a week.
Too funny!

During one stay at Pop we had a connecting door with friends from home. (Totally a fluke that our rooms connected. We arrived on different days and didn't have our reservations linked as we both just happened to be there at the same time.)

Anyway, they left a day before us and new people moved in who were NOISY!!! It was a family and I'm sure they were just excited to be there but at 2am the party needed to stop. I opened our side of the connecting door and knocked on theirs then closed my door. I know it could have gone either way but thankfully that was the last we heard from them. Sometimes people just don't think until they're reminded that they're sharing common space.

You're lucky! One trip we stayed in a hotel near SeaWorld and there was a small child in next room, who I swear never slept. Only had one speaking volume, loud. Parents did nothing to ask him to be quiet, knocking on door(tried once) had zero effect. I just kept tv on. They also let him run and jump, and shout down the hall every time they came in and out.
Being excited on vacation is ok, but making it all about you, not so much.
Glad one knock did it for you!

I didn't read the thread, but I highly doubt it was loud because of the new flooring. My wife is a property manager for a large high rise apartment building and they just went through the decision process of new floors. I've seen/read multiple sound studies she brought home during that process on carpet vs vinyl flooring. All the results show very minimal or nonexistent differences. Now if they were putting in a laminate or hardwood, that'd be a different story. But the vinyl floors WDW is using, if installed properly, are not louder than carpet.
We just replaced carpet in basement Rec room with vinyl plank flooring. Had flood. I can't tell if there's any noise from someone walking above, :-) but sound does seem a tad more echo-y? I could also get that there may now be a little more of a gap between door and floor allowing noise to come thru? Unless they put a higher transition in?
However some of the resorts always get complaints about walls to thin. So may have not been because of change of flooring. Still, would hope there's no running, jumping kids above me!

I have a preferred room booked for a very short mini trip the second week of July. I'm wondering if I should switch to a standard room and request a refurbished one. Even if it doesn't happen, I'd save $36. Hmm. Decisions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter