Pop Century Room Renovations

I was reading up on it and it sounds like they are actually going to build the rumored gondolas! The Sky Way overlook is going in the lake. I can only imagine that this going to be a HUGE project.

I just called and for our time frame, which is in a little over 4 weeks, and all she said was the room renovations.

Just so you know, that number and any other number found on the internet all route to a Central Call Center. You won't be speaking to anyone actually at Pop or even on site.
I know. I just prefer a guest services person versus a reservation person.

Wouldn't that be great? Ever since we stayed at Cabana Bay (and also Sapphire Falls), Disney's version of "value" resort lags far behind Universal's.

We loved the pool at Sapphire Falls! The kids loved the slides while the adults loved the poolside waitstaff! Even the GF doesn't off that!

So Saturday marks the 2 months since reno started - we have reports of work and details but shocked there is still not one single "finished" room floating out here. Now that FD is booked and MVMCP tickets are up yet this reno is the main focus of my Disney Obsession, until Dec hours are posted that is.

Last 2 POP stays I was too busy to take the chance to walk across it and explore AoA - I am going in December, was hoping to FINALLY get across

Even if it would be closed, you could still get over to AoA by using the walking/jogging path around the lake. It would be a much longer walk than taking the bridge, but still possible. And if you take a bus from a park to AoA, you'd only have to walk the path once to get back to Pop. Just something to keep in mind.

Last 2 POP stays I was too busy to take the chance to walk across it and explore AoA - I am going in December, was hoping to FINALLY get across

We use the bridge all the time. It makes a huge difference to us. If it is closed, we will not be making the trek around the lake to use the buses or eat at the AOfA food court, especially since our next trip is in August. :crazy2:

So Saturday marks the 2 months since reno started - we have reports of work and details but shocked there is still not one single "finished" room floating out here. Now that FD is booked and MVMCP tickets are up yet this reno is the main focus of my Disney Obsession, until Dec hours are posted that is.

I was obsessed with the FD thread, just as you were. I saw you posting there all the time. Now my new obsession is waiting for the Star Wars dessert party to be posted and trying to get tickets. Oh dear Lord, please release me from this insanity! :rotfl2:

How do we know that there isn't? Actually I'm sure there are some finished rooms. If they are going to start renting them out in June, there should be some done.

How do we know that there isn't? Actually I'm sure there are some finished rooms. If they are going to start renting them out in June, there should be some done.
That's what I was thinking, too. Maybe they will have most of the 90s section done by June. Is the entire 90s building closed to guests now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter