• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Hippy Dippy Pool - construction ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
Pop Century Resort's Hippy Dippy Pool
REFURBISHMENT
Dates: Winter 2020 — TBA
Details: During this time, guests can use the Bowling Pool, Computer Pool and the kiddie pool. Also, Movies Under the Stars will be offered in an alternate location. Guests may notice construction noise while this refurbishment is underway, but the noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9 a.m.

When would TBA be announced ?

How long does a pool refurbishment take ? Months ? Years ?

Do you think it would be done by April 2021 ?

Thank you

Word is the refurb of Hippy Dippy is "idled" during the WDW shutdown,but it will be completed WAY before April 2021!

Pool refurbs are a matter of weeks to a few months duration.

They were probably close to finishing-this is a picture from January.

Thank you so much
I almost moved to CBR standard room - I think it would not cost much more than a Preferred room at Pop Century !
We will stick with POP Century
I like the 50 and 60 icons there

Hi.. I thought the Hippy Dippy pool was completed. It is not? We are there December 20 - January 3.
Not completed unless they very recently started back from the COVID 19 idle.

Either way,the pipe replacement project will be ancient history by your dates.:)

We stayed at AKL while the pool was being worked on - it has been closed from September to December. That refurb was to resurface, re-tile and repair so one of the longer ones.

The Hippy-Dippy pool was still being worked on when we were there in late Feb.

Pop Century Resort's Hippy Dippy Pool
REFURBISHMENT
Dates: Winter 2020 — TBA
Details: During this time, guests can use the Bowling Pool, Computer Pool and the kiddie pool. Also, Movies Under the Stars will be offered in an alternate location. Guests may notice construction noise while this refurbishment is underway, but the noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9 a.m.

When would TBA be announced ?

How long does a pool refurbishment take ? Months ? Years ?

Do you think it would be done by April 2021 ?

Thank you

We received that notice for our 2/24/20 trip🤔. It was an amazing trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter