Pop Century Bus/Skyline

221Newman

Earning My Ears
Can someone please clarify that transportation at the Pop Century. Do you have the option to take the bus OR skyliner? Also, if they still have the bus, do they still have their own bus line (doesn't stop at All Star Sports/Music, etc).

You can take the bus but it is far less frequent than it was. Major cutback.

Would you recommend another Value hotel then?
Are you against taking the Skyliner? If so, are you against using Uber if you're in a hurry to get to HS or Epcot?
If yes to both of those things, then yes I would stay somewhere that is not on the Skyliner.
I really recommend the Skyliner though. I don't like heights and it does not feel that high. It is extremely quick.

Was there at the beginning of Feb. If it's before the skyliner starts running in the morning the buses run just fine. Once the Skyliner starts up they throttle the bus flow to Epcot and HS. The skyliner literally lets off at world showcase though and was super convenient for those two parks unless you need to rope drop a 7am HS opening. When I was there the skyliner started at 7:30am.

Skyliner is a good transportation option. The main problem with Skyliner is it usually doesn't run early enough to catch a RoR BG at HS. Then you might consider uber/lyft if the buses seem questionable.

The Skyliner only serves Hollywood Studios and Epcot. Busses still serve these 2 parks, but in a reduced capacity. Before the skyliner starts running (around 7:30) those busses run about every 20 minutes. After 7:30, those busses run about every hour. Busses to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom still run about every 20 minutes throughout the day.
We just stayed at Pop, and loved the ease and convenience of the Skyliner. It was so much nicer than being crammed on a bus. I would stay at Pop over the All Stars any day!

I get not wanting to use the skyliner. My son is uncomfortable with heights and claustrophobic. The skyliner has been known to stop while you are on it. Sometimes it starts right back up but there have been times it has been stopped for longer than 30 min. Up high in a box stopped, nope that would not be pretty.

To my knowledge,that is EXTREMELY rare-only happening a few times out of THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of flights.

JMO,but not enough for me to give it a second thought.
Probably wouldn't bother me but like I said, for someone not comfortable with heights and claustrophobic to start with, even the fact that it has happened has made it a big ole no for my son. He is an adult by the way so it's not like something is going to change. Just being that high up and boxed in with it not stopping would make him uncomfortable so it's not worth the "convenience" for him. We don't take the monorail from MK to Epcot for the same reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter