Pop Century/Art Of Animation & Caribbean Beach-"GONDOLA RESORTS"!

Thought you would appreciate these off twitter from @KinnyMBrown ......
....... looks like they are more needed at MK .... than where they aren't.
And yes they were in middle of Gondola discussion.

PS Flooding was happening in multiple places .... o_O

C5UaAOGXUAEwn2n.jpg

C5Ui1tvVMAA1p4_.jpg

C5UthC7VUAEYY1m.jpg

From the illustration in this link, probably the only people who would benefit are guests staying in Little Mermaid (because it's so far from the buses) and guests going to/from the IG.
Just to play devil's advocate .... in addition to other questionable things ..... why in the world would you have to take so many sections between Epcot and DHS? The bulk of the users are likely not the guests of those two resorts. Why have 4 sections when you can have 1?
Well, you've already got three methods of transportation between the two parks: Friendship boats or walking with International Gateway access, and bus between the two parks' entrances. Each other park combination has only one.

have no way to even guess if this is what they are planning - putting DVC in all 3 resorts. rumor says they are putting in one at CBR. that would bring in the money they need to do this.

With all the expansion happening at Disney Studios, and the love that was promised to be going EPCOT's way in the near future, they will need to add capacity to move guests and adding more busses to already busy roads will not work as it has in the past. Wish it was a people mover instead!

I was sort of hoping this would be a "gondola" as in the boat type, and not the up-in-the-air type. With hurricanes/thunder/lightning, I can't see these being very operational in the late summer / early fall. Not to mention, if there's a breakdown, and there will be at some point I'm sure, it would be so much easier to evac a boat in a canal than a skyway tram type mode of transportation. I am excited for those of you looking forward to riding this, but my family would have to say "no thanks, Disney" :eek:

I kinda wish they had implemented this between AKL and DAK instead. AKL needs something anyway. The fact that you need to take a bus to get to the park your hotel is named after is pretty ridiculous.

I do not know if ill get love or hate, but why not a light rail. We have one in Arizona now.. I do think it helped somewhat. Couldn't something like that help?

I kinda wish they had implemented this between AKL and DAK instead. AKL needs something anyway. The fact that you need to take a bus to get to the park your hotel is named after is pretty ridiculous.
If the CBR/POP/AoA system works good,I would think they will look at other possible routes.:)

I will admit, I love this idea. But, I love any transportation - busses, monorails, planes...they all fascinate me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter