Pools open next week?

dzaharchuk

Mouseketeer
This may seem like a dumb question, but dd is headed to Wdw next week for a class trip, and she is hoping the pool will be open. Teachers reported that for last years’ March trip the pools were closed. Temps next week look to be mid 70s , so I’d expect them to be open? She is staying at ASM.

We were there last March, a real cold snap moved through for a few days, I know the main pool at AoA was still open, but the other quiet pools were closed. As long as it doesn't drop into the 40s again you'll be good to go.

I was at Animal Kingdom Lodge the first week of February and the pool was open.

I was there last March, and don't recall any pool closure (we were at All Star Sports). It was nice and very hot (second week of March)!

Looks like your DD is good to go for next week's temps and has no worries of seeing this sign that became so familiar to us during our January trip!lol:)

26811153628_64fb658a15_z.jpg

I think all the pools are closed right now because of the colder weather.

Pools are open day hours, but I wouldn't expect them open after 7-8PM, which is when the temperature starts dropping.

Pool at Contemporary was open until 8 PM last week when we were there. 2 days it was really warm (high 80s) and the kids had a great time in the pool. The next days were much cooler and they stayed out

Doesn't sound accurate. Highs over the next ten days range from 69°-80°.
High of 62 degrees today. I heard the water park was shut down for today and tomorrow. We're only 65 degrees in SW FL today.

Doesn't sound accurate. Highs over the next ten days range from 69°-80°.
Actually, your temps don't sound accurate. Water Park closed for 3 days and they cancelled the Spirit of Aloha show due to low temps. If they close the water parks and cancel the outdoor show chances are the pools will be closed that day too. Hard to say. I've seen them go both ways if it's borderline
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/disneys-spirit-of-aloha-dinner-show-canceled-for-march-8/
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...k-to-close-march-7-and-8-due-to-cold-weather/

most of the time - Disney pools are open. that said went to AKL before AKV was open and they closed the pool (w/o advance notice) to train their life guards.

if the pool you are using requires a lifeguard - when they leave now the pool is generally closed. So if the pool is too cold for the life guards it is closed. Remember the days of 24hours/7days the pool being opened - but those days are gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter