• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pools and coolers

jerseyduke

Home is just where you stay when not at WDW
Any suggestions as to what people do to bring some adult beverages into the pool area?

Obviously not going to bring in a cooler or anything, but thinking maybe a large Hydro Flask? Anyone have any other suggestions they would like to share.

Any suggestions as to what people do to bring some adult beverages into the pool area?

Obviously not going to bring in a cooler or anything, but thinking maybe a large Hydro Flask? Anyone have any other suggestions they would like to share.

Why no cooler? We do it all the time and have for years. Load it up and carry it in--enjoy our adult beverages all day without any hassle at all.

I don't think that Disney has any rules against bringing your own cooler to the pool and I don't think they have restrictions on beinging your own adult beverages. I've seen people check in with huge rolling coolers that they were bringing to their hotel rooms. I'd be surprised if that didn't end up at the pool at some point.

Everyone is spot on, no reason at all you can't bring your own cooler in. Disney doesn't care if about bringing food to the parks they sure don't care what you take to the pool. As long as you don't bring glass, as everyone has already pointed out.

We were there last week at POR and I didn't see anyone wheeling in massive coolers to the pool. I did see several folks carrying smaller coolers into the pool. You can bring in food and beverages---just no glass and they won't allow you in the pool or even sitting on the edge of the pool with any food or beverages. I saw a mom trying to drink her beer with her feet in the water while watching her kids and was told by the lifeguards she could not do that.

or even sitting on the edge of the pool with any food or beverages. I saw a mom trying to drink her beer with her feet in the water while watching her kids and was told by the lifeguards she could not do that.

Big no-no per public pool Health Regulations.

I typically fly since I live far away and buy a styrofoam cooler (and beer) for about 8 bucks from garden grocer and just leave it st the resort when I go home. It’s much cheaper than buying drinks st the pool bar.

We’ll usually bring a small soft sided cooler and buy a six pack from the gift shop to save a few bucks. Throw a few in with some ice and it’s good for us. We’ll also fill a water bottle with Tito’s and then use our refillable mugs to to get mixers from the soda fountains, the new Coke machines with every flavor can be dangerous. If we forget the cooler we’ll just double up a couple of gift shop bags and throw some ice in.

or even sitting on the edge of the pool with any food or beverages. I saw a mom trying to drink her beer with her feet in the water while watching her kids and was told by the lifeguards she could not do that.
Big no-no per public pool Health Regulations.
At Disney. Universal has no problems with it
The Swan & Dolphin don't have a problem with that either.

Just want to add there are "open container" rules. Fill that Yeti or HydroFlask, head out for a stroll or to the Boardwalk or DS.

You can't bring it into or out of the parks.

We always bring a large cooler bag that I buy from the dollar store. Then a few Ziploc bags to fill with ice. It's great to bring drinks to the pool and also snacks. We tend to be discreet about drinks and pour them into a cup of some sort but I've seen loads of people just pulling out cans of beer and other things. Actually though it can't be a problem since you can buy wine/beer in the food court and gift shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter