• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pool wristbands

bluedevilmd

Earning My Ears
I am going to Aulani for the first time in June and booked a room for me, my wife, and 3 kids. Unfortunately, our youngest child is not under 3. I know the Aulani policy is that standard rooms only allow 4 plus an infant. How strict is the resort about checking the ages of the kids when you pick up wristbands? Do they just check how many are in your room? I don't think I can afford an extra room for a week just for my 3rd child but would hate to be denied a wristband because of this rule. Thanks!

I'm sorry but you would need to book at least a one bedroom villa or suite in order for your 3 year old to be listed on the reservation. You must list all guests' names on the reservation and if you do bring your 3 year old and not list them on the reservation, they would not get a room key card with their name on it which is how you get your wrist band. (Everyone listed on the reservation gets a room key card with their name on it and everyone in your party would have to be present at the towel station to get a wrist band.)

Unfortunately your 3 year old would not be able to partake in any activities such as pool/lazy river, character meet and greets, Aunty's Beach House, movie nights (basically anything that a resort guest has access to).

They are pretty strict. You much present your room key which they scan and can see occupancy information, and they won't issue more than that. It's really going to depend on the day and which CM working at that time, but the risk is too great to ruin a vacation over that. I don't know what to tell you, other than I seen others denied wrist bands before while I was at Aulani less than 2 weeks ago.

Good Luck on whatever you decide to do.

Great3

I took my daughter to Aulani for her 2nd birthday and she was required to have a wristband to use the pool. The cast members checked her room key every single time we got a wristband or utilized a guest-only amenity.

We were never asked to present her birth certificate or proof of age, but cast members did ask her directly how old she was.

I'm pretty sure they only allow 4 per room because of a fire code. I would not chance this. So you have booked a regular standard hotel room or a studio? Perhaps you can get some transfer points from a dvc member who wishes to unload some of their points then put them towards a 1 bedroom.

As others have said, you will need to book a room that accomodates 5. If you list child as under 3, they will not be able to goto auntys beach house and such. Aulani has been very strict on their wristband policay. I have friends that work there and have been told CM have been fired for giving wristbands to their friends/relatives. They are especially diligent and strict about providing wristbands.

We were never asked to present her birth certificate or proof of age, but cast members did ask her directly how old she was.

I'm sure as a parent, you wouldn't want to put your young child where they had to lie about their age. I also feel like when people ask this kind of question, it feels very unfair to those families who do pay the added cost of a larger or second room.

I'm sure as a parent, you wouldn't want to put your young child where they had to lie about their age. I also feel like when people ask this kind of question, it feels very unfair to those families who do pay the added cost of a larger or second room.

I agree 100% that parents shouldn’t have their children lie, but you know there’s a handful of parents who will do it. Luckily, I don’t think anyone is going to get away with pulling a fast one at Aulani. I feel like the cast members would have asked for a birth certificate or passport had my daughter not said she was 2.

On a side note, I just got back from Tokyo Disney and they are SUPER STRICT. I had to show my daughters passport multiple times. The age cutoff there is 4 years old (she’s currently 3.5) and I had to show her passport at fast pass entrances to prove that she did not need a ticket and therefore, a fast pass.

I will not advocate for having your child have to be untruthful about their age. We have been there with a 4 year old and 2 year old and took advantage of Auntie's Beach House. The 4 year old loved it so much that went went to get him to take him to lunch and he asked to stay because he was having a blast. We will be there in February while planning the trip the 4 year old now 6 said that he can't wait to go back to "that ladies house". I think his recommendation says it all we feel like the 2 year old now 4 missed out on a fun time during that trip.
Take advantage of Auntie's its included with your stay. But ultimately it is your family and your choice.

My 2 cents

We got the one bedroom by renting DVC points since we also have 3 kids. It was so nice, and having a kitchen really helped since food is so expensive, and by that point in our trip we were ready to eat something familiar. It really felt homelike. They always checked our room reservation everytime we got bands, and they did seem to be looking for them everywhere we went.

We got the one bedroom by renting DVC points since we also have 3 kids. It was so nice, and having a kitchen really helped since food is so expensive, and by that point in our trip we were ready to eat something familiar. It really felt homelike. They always checked our room reservation everytime we got bands, and they did seem to be looking for them everywhere we went.

i agree with this. We just rented with the DVC rental store for our trip this summer and it was much less than booking directly through the hotel. Depending on what view you have you might get a 1 bedroom for a similar price to what you are paying for your hotel room.

i agree with this. We just rented with the DVC rental store for our trip this summer and it was much less than booking directly through the hotel. Depending on what view you have you might get a 1 bedroom for a similar price to what you are paying for your hotel room.

Unfortunately, for June 2020, there is very little availability at this point. Summer is high season for HI, and given that it's only 5 months out, you would be highly unlikely to get a points-based reservation.

You did not say how old your youngest is. Will they have just turned 3? Or are they closer to 5? I imagine if they are 3 and a couple months, then stretching the truth to say that they are still 2 is something that people do. But if there is no way that they can pass for a 2 yo, then you need to just suck it up and pay for the right amount of occupants. That is why we stopped at 2 kids, LOL it gets too expensive with the 3rd child.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter