Pool shade

Status
Not open for further replies.

joanie9766

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone--first cruise is August 2021. 2 questions for now:

1. Is there any shaded areas to sit by the main pool??

2. Can you go down in the morning and throw your beach towels on those shaded chairs to "reserve" them??

Thanks a bunch. :tink:

Hi everyone--first cruise is August 2021. 2 questions for now:

1. Is there any shaded areas to sit by the main pool??

2. Can you go down in the morning and throw your beach towels on those shaded chairs to "reserve" them??

Thanks a bunch. :tink:
1, Yes, there are shaded areas. Of course, the sun moves, so the shade does also.
2. No.

The underlined says: the saving of the sun loungers is not permitted on Decks 11, 12, and 13. Items left unattended will be returned to Lost and Found at Guest Services....

Last edited:
People aren't supposed to save loungers the way you described, but the practice is rampant, anyway. I'd give my life savings to sail on a cruise where no one saved seats like that at the pool, at the theatre, or at the Rainforest room. Okay, I wouldn't give my savings, but you get the picture: the frustration is real. Leaving your junk on a lounger to save it for hours on end when you're elsewhere is selfish and rude. It's against the rules, too, but that doesn't stop anyone and neither does DCL.

You can generally find a shaded seat on the table-and-chairs covered area around the pool deck. It's set back from the pool, but shaded (usually - depending on sun movement) and enclosed, so a little more out of the wind. That's where I like to sit on hot, sunny days.

On our cruises, we have definitely seen crew members moving unattended items off chairs.

Yeah about the shade, bummer about the seat saving. Thanks.
So, you are the first person I’ve encountered who is pro seat saving. I’m curious about your logic and I ask this in a completely non-confrontational tone. Why do you think swat saving is a practice that should be allowed? I really am just curious about the logic of why that seems more fair/better for everyone than first come first served.

Realize that if you were to try to save a seat, you'd need to be down at a point after the early morning deck cleaning but before everyone else. It'd be a game of escalation on time for length of cruise. It would be awful.

Apparently folks threw towels on some chairs at the pool and then went to breakfast. A CM removed them while they were gone & my family sat in the chairs. When that family came back, they were really angry with us. It was the most unpleasant experience I've ever had on our many cruises :oops:

or at the Rainforest room

Haha, glad I am not the only who had this happen in the rainforest room. Last time I was in the sauna on the Dream and really wanted a turn near the window so I could look out for a bit. This group kept taking turns saving the window spot, where one couple would spread out across the bench near the window, and then switch off with their friends who would come in the sauna after doing something else to cool off for a bit. I gave up after they did this three or four times! I wouldn't be surprised if they did that for hours.

I don't think we need to pile on OP - they accepted the answer of it wasn't allowed graciously. I'm going to lock the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter