Pool Questions

TinkBell10

DIS Veteran
Hoping someone can help with 2 questions about main Meadows pool area:
1. Can you set up a tarp in the grassy area outside the pool fence (like what would be used on a beach)? There’s not a lot of shade there, and my mom is sensitive to the sun.
2. Are pets allowed in that same grassy area outside the fence? If we had a shade tarp set up, would dog be allowed there?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure about the grassy area as I can't answer those questions, but your mom could sit out of the sun at the umbrella covered tables on the pool deck.

I personally don't see an issue with either 1 or 2, but whether it's allowed or not, I'm not sure. I would go with - do it and see if anything is said. Dogs are not allowed inside the gated pool area (which I know you know), but plenty of people have their dogs in the areas around the Meadows.

There is a pavilion with picnic tables, maybe you can set up there? It's shown in the background of this photo.

1655242084748.png
there

As mentioned above, there is a Multi-family Pavilion right next to the Pool area. There is also a great deal of shade...so not at all necessary to use a Pop-Up there. Additionally for your consideration....While dogs are welcome at the Fort, there are specific and designated areas for dogs (The Dog Park, walking trails, and Your Campsite.) Not everyone would be happy to see your dog camped right outside the Pool area where they may have to encounter your dog while coming and going.

TinkBell10, there is plenty of shade on the back side of the pool near the slide so not sure if you would need an ezup. I personally have never seen one in the area outside of the pool but that does not mean it is not allowed. As far as your dog goes it is welcomed outside the pool area just not inside the pool fence, it is also allowed on the sidewalks in the loops and everywhere mentioned by skyp4WDW. If you have or are getting a golf cart Im sure he/she would love to ride along with you on it. Pretty much the only places your dog is not allowed is the stores, Tri Circle D barn, the restaurant and the buses. The Fort is very much dog friendly so take him with you almost everywhere and have fun.

**Forewarning for ghost thread since we had one last week...Resurrecting an old thread here**

I just saw on a YT video that the Meadows Pool is going to be closed winter into spring. Sure enough the website has it on there already. I guess it isn't breaking news, but since we didn't have a trip planned I haven't been scoping every single update on everything.
1672773894427.png

I wonder what's going on with it that they didn't fix (or that they broke) the last time it was closed for 90 some odd days fairly recently.

Sorry to all those that this will put a stink on your trip.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter