• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pool Opening?

AnnieMouseMom

Earning My Ears
Hello friends! We have a trip planned for June and I'm wondering--assuming the hotels are open--does anyone know if the pools will be? (We are staying in an Animal Kingdom villa.) I know there are no guarantees that anything will be open, but assuming that Disney opens in June as they say they will, does anyone know whether resort pools will be open too?

Most beaches in FL opened this weekend except for Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Broward counties (they aren't in Phase 1 yet). Many condo pools have been open the entire time, too. It will be up to Disney. But sunshine, warmth and humidity seem to kill the virus in some cases. And you just move out extra loungers if they can't get the social distancing they want.

I wondered more about lifeguards. Esp with the possibility of contact of saving or assisting guest. how can one do mouth to mouth resuscitation safety without the lifeguards possibly being infected with the virus. Maybe pools that don’t have a lifeguard on duty would open. And then you have water parks where lifeguards are a necessity ...just something to think about.

sp with the possibility of contact of saving or assisting guest. how can one do mouth to mouth resuscitation safety without the lifeguards possibly being infected with the virus.
Actually hands only CPR is now being taught and is just as effective as CPR with breaths up to a few minutes into the cardiac episode. I believe for drowning victims though breaths are still recommended. A manual resuscitator bag is now commonly used. I imagine Disney lifeguards are already using these when needed. However, CPR still requires an up close and personal experience between two people.

Actually hands only CPR is now being taught and is just as effective as CPR with breaths up to a few minutes into the cardiac episode. I believe for drowning victims though breaths are still recommended. A manual resuscitator bag is now commonly used. I imagine Disney lifeguards are already using these when needed. However, CPR still requires an up close and personal experience between two people.

thanks for the info.

I work for a pool distribution company and am considered an essential employee because swimming is considered a safe activity because the chlorine in the pool kills the corona virus. This does not mean that they will open the pools but if the resorts are open then I believe the pools will be open.

Compressions are still putting the first responder at risk as it can force air out of the lungs. Our local pool has been told that lifeguards will not be doing any form of CPR.

Saltwater pools still have chlorine in them, just a different amount.

When Disney opens the resorts, i will bet restaurants and pools will be open..especially if the theme park experience is modified in any way.

Problem is the pools and restaurants don't have nearly enough capacity for hotel guests, even if operating at 50% occupancy. Opening the hotels without theme parks is easier said than done, IMO. It's an invitation for overcrowded amenities and angry patrons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter