• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pool Hopping & Wristbands

robinb

DIS veteran
I was reading the BCV thread and gscott8075 said something about wristbands at SAB. Is this true? If so, I think it's a great idea and should be extended to BWV. That way we DVC'ers can pool hop and the pool-crashers are kept out.

We were there over Labor Day weekend and the Tuesday after was the first day they started these wristbands. They said it was on a trial basis to see if it worked. However the three days before ,over the weekend that we were there, the stamps washed off by the end of the day. I also think it is a great idea. No second guessing who is susepose to be there and who isn't!!

I think wristbands sound like a great idea.

If DVC members received daily pool hopping wristbands (only upon request...don't want to drive up our dues) this would keep the abuse to a minimum. I've heard of local DVC members potentially abusing the pool hopping, dumping off their kids and friends, etc.

Also, the added benefit of keeping those pesky resort guests out of our pools! ;)

If they could figure out the logistics, this would be cool. But again, it would go directly to increasing our dues, so we would need to make sure it's worth it.

I assume that the CMs at the gate of the pool are handing out the wristbands. I simple check of you resort key will tell them if you're staying at that resort or are a DVC member staying on points.

They have used wristbands before at Yacht and Beach. They were similar to Enight ones. They stopped using them because so many guests complained it messed up their tan.

All guests using the pool were issued wristbands.

DVC members had to show a resort ID.

If it keeps SAB open to us, it is a great idea.

In fact, we were there twice and there are different colors for different days.

Love the idea.....

Unbelieveable how the locals abuse the Disney pools. Even more concerning is how DVC members may have to pay a price for local abuse with the potential of us loosing our pool hopping priveledges.

Go wrist bands, go!

Go away non-paying locals, go away!

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

I think wristbands are a great idea....

we were just at SAB on 10/5, early afternoon. We got no wristband, nor were the kids ID's checked. We stayed on the porch in rockers, just to be sure....

We stayed at OKW, and ya know... I really missed our BWV....

I'm in favor of keeping people out who don't belong there, but will not be wearing any wrist band! I don't wear a watch at the pool, nor will I wear anything else that's going to leave a tan line around my wrist. At WL once the cm went to give me a wristband and I told her I preferred not to wear it - she said no problem, and to just tie it around my tote bag so it was visible when they did pool checks. If SAB does the same, I'd be in favor of it, as I've always got a bag of some sort with me. Otherwise, I'm fine with the hand stamp...if it washes off I don't mind showing my resort id again.

I've mentioned this in the past, but the time that we stayed at Wilderness Lodge in 1998 (during the summer), they were using wristbands at the pool. I for one was glad to see this system in place. I'm surprised that this practice hasn't been extended to all the popular pools.

More inconsistency.....

We also stayed at WL in June, 1998 and there were no wristbands, no ID checks, no nothing. :confused:

Guess it's a hit or miss way to "enforce" authorized pool usage.

Whatever will stop the trespassing gets my vote. I quit worrying about a "tan" line years ago. My bigger concern is losing PH priviledges because some people have no respect for other folks rights.

We were at OKW 10/07-17. We pooled hopped for the first time to SAB on
Sunday 10/14. We called before to ask availability. there was a CM walking
around checkink ID,s and issuing yellow wristbands. It was a hit or miss
affair since we were there @ 2 hours before he got to us. I did notice he did ask
one group to leave and they did.
Mary

One more in favor of the wrist bands. I gave up worrying about a tan back in June 1996 when I was told I had Malignant Melanoma. Yearly MRI's are not my idea of a fun time, but I gotta do em.

We have had positive pool hopping experiences in the past. On our lastest trip to WDW, we called ahead to the Poly and asked if it would be OK to pool hop that day. We were told to come right on over as it would be great to have us there and there would be no problems at all. Left OKW for the Poly, arrived and were met with smiles and waves to come on in to the Lava Pool. A few days later we followed the same procedure and called ahead to the Yacht Club and got the same response. No problems there either.

We were last at WDW in late June of 2001.

leave a tan line around my wrist

You mean a "wrinkle line"? Just teasing. :smooth: I have several friends who are tanning bed junkies and I'm always giving them grief. Of course, they let me have it for looking like Casper.

I'm all for the arm bands. Anything to keep the unwashed masses out of the tub. Smack! I'm in a silly mood tonight.
:tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter