• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pool hopping question - again!

Bexx

DIS Veteran
I understand that the correct thing to do is call ahead to the front desk to see if the pool is at capacity. Indeed I would rather do this anyway, rather than risk disappointed children when we get there - better for everyone!! ;)

But I've read quite a few times on here that, when calling a resort, you actually get a general "front desk" call centre!! Obviously that wouldn't be helpful in this situation, so how do I phone the real front desk of a resort?

TIA

I understand that the correct thing to do is call ahead to the front desk to see if the pool is at capacity. Indeed I would rather do this anyway, rather than risk disappointed children when we get there - better for everyone!! ;)

But I've read quite a few times on here that, when calling a resort, you actually get a general "front desk" call centre!! Obviously that wouldn't be helpful in this situation, so how do I phone the real front desk of a resort?

TIA

Who ever answers the phone, whether the physical front desk, or the virtual front desk, you'll need to ask you question about pool hopping. If you reach the virtual front desk, they will likely transfer you to the actual resort for that inquiry. The virtual front desk is like the WDW Operator in disquise ;)

Okay that's fine. Thanks for your help Chuck :)

Just one more thing! I know this sounds silly, but how can I find out the numbers for each of the resorts? Should I take a list of them with me, or are they easy to find out once I'm there?!!

The problem is that neither "front desk" will truly know the answer. You could easily get an affirmative answer then be denied access on arrival as well as be told no just because the CM doesn't know or more likely, has no idea that it's even allowed for DVC members. Unfortunately short of talking to the person on duty in charge of the lifeguards, you can't get a person who's really in the know. Even then, the resort could fill up by the time you actually get there and you could still be turned away.

To be honest, when do the CMs ever veryify that people at the pool are actually guests of the resort? Even at AKL, where pool hopping is not permitted, I've never seen a situation where someone couldn't just show up and start swimming whether they were a guest or not. You don't have to show your key to get to the pool or to get towels. I've heard people at StormAlong Bay check for resort status, but every resrot I've ever visited just to explore, I could have gone swimming on the spot without being challenged.

I'm not advocating breaking rules, I'm just saying that I don't see a scenario where membership is verified at the pools where hopping is permitted.

Dirk

So it's not an exact science!! :teeth: I'll stop getting so hung up on it all then, and just see what happens when I get there!

Thanks for your help :)

The one time I called a front desk about pool hopping, the CM I spoke with had no idea what I was asking about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter