• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pool Closes at 8pm?

tiki23

Able to leap a double stroller in a single bound!
We just stayed 8 nights at Pop. Fun trip, had a renovated room (Ow - my shins!!) but to our disappointment the pool was only open until 8pm.

Is that standard at the Value resorts now??

Thanks!

We just stayed 8 nights at Pop. Fun trip, had a renovated room (Ow - my shins!!) but to our disappointment the pool was only open until 8pm.

Is that standard at the Value resorts now??

Thanks!

Not just the Values, but standard at all WDW resorts. Sometime within the next 2-3 weeks they will be open until 9PM. Then move to 10PM working their way to 11PM by the beginning of summer.

Not just the Values, but standard at all WDW resorts. Sometime within the next 2-3 weeks they will be open until 9PM. Then move to 10PM working their way to 11PM by the beginning of summer.

Has this changed at SSR? The Grandstand pool was open 24/7 when I was there last April. There was no signage to indicate they were closed; and gates were open. It was nice to sit in the spa at 1am and chat with friends!

I just got back (2/26 - 3/2) and was also suprised by the change in hours. I have been staying on property since 2009 and the pools were always open until 11. I was told that due to the colder weather and lack of interest they will started this new policy and will not change until March 18 when they go back to 11 PM. Unfortunately, last week is was in the upper 80's every day and I was looking forward to a cool dip before retiring at night.

We were also just at pop and our niece was upset that she couldn’t go swimming at night. I also saw a very upset mom at the front desk. Her child was crying because she couldn’t go swimming. I didn’t expect them to close so early, at least not at the main pool. It was very hot while we were there.

We were also just at pop and our niece was upset that she couldn’t go swimming at night. I also saw a very upset mom at the front desk. Her child was crying because she couldn’t go swimming. I didn’t expect them to close so early, at least not at the main pool. It was very hot while we were there.
Unfortunately,they've been doing "seasonal hours" since the Pools were "fenced and gated" and became only available during "lifeguarded hours" several years ago.

I still remember vividly the "24/7 365" days when it was common to see Guests in the Pools at 2:00 or 3:00 AM!:)

Unfortunately,they've been doing "seasonal hours" since the Pools were "fenced and gated" and became only available during "lifeguarded hours" several years ago.

I still remember vividly the "24/7 365" days when it was common to see Guests in the Pools at 2:00 or 3:00 AM!:)
That would be so much fun! It was so hot and we left ak early but took a nap. After a late dinner we all were excited to swim

Ahh those were the days!

Has this changed at SSR? The Grandstand pool was open 24/7 when I was there last April. There was no signage to indicate they were closed; and gates were open. It was nice to sit in the spa at 1am and chat with friends!
None of the DVC pools are 24/7. They all have posted hours.

Unfortunately the fences, gates & “swimming during lifeguarded hours only” became obviously necessary after a child drowned at Pop late one night while swimming with his family.

Yep, its at all resorts now. Not too long ago there were a couple of deaths due to drowning. One not long ago, and another a couple years before that. So tragic. :( The drownings, from what I know, occurred when there were no life guards on duty. I don't blame them for putting that fence up to be honest. Its safer for everyone.

I was told that due to the colder weather and lack of interest they will started this new policy and will not change until March 18 when they go back to 11 PM.
Wow,that's awesome they are going "straight" to the 11:00 PM close on Sunday-they usually go from 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM to 10:00 PM and then finally 11:00 PM.:)

Now if the temps would just warm up a little!lol:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter