Pool Availability?

DieHardJoe

Mouseketeer
Has there been any word on whether the resort pools (Main pool and/or quiet pools) will be open on the day the resorts re-open? And if so, has there been any word regarding restrictions, such as reduced capacity, designated time slots, etc? I'm assuming that there will be changes once open, including fewer chairs available, since some of the pools have the chairs almost side by side.

In the mask info Disney says masks will be required except when dining and SWIMMING.

I think that is pretty definitive that Pools will be open.

I think the question is at what capacity? If the pools only allow 50% capacity does it become a situation where you can't enter the pool in the middle of the day in July? If so, that is a major issue for us. The other question is if they require masks when on the pool deck.

As others have mentioned, having no pool would absolutely be a deal breaker for us, and would make the decision to cancel a trip a lot easier. But the idea of restricted access really clouds the decision. I don't spend much time in the pool, but love to chill out with a book, crossword puzzle, or just catch some rays. But if I have to schedule a trip to the pool because of reduced capacity, or possibly be turned away at the gate, then that really doesn't work for us.

But the idea of restricted access really clouds the decision.
I think the particular Resort will have a lot to do with it-we are staying at Pop Century and with 3 large Pools we think we would be in fairly good shape to get a spot at one of them before capacity at all 3 was reached.

Also I would think Resorts like CBR would have an advantage with a large Pool and then small Pools also in each Island.

I believe they will be open but under reduced capacity. If Universal is reopening Volcano Bay then I cannot see Disney keeping all of their pools closed. I would cancel my vaca if the pools were closed. Like @Sue M said...it will be brutal in August with the pools closed.

It will be interesting to see how Disney handles reduced capacity.

-Will there be time limits on swimming? Doubtful due to enforcement.
-Will you need to wait in line to enter the pool area? One in, one out rule....
-decrease in lounge chairs

When it comes to social distancing in a pool...it just seems rather difficult unless you drastically cut down on the # of bathers. Kids like to interact with others so it will be difficult.

I can see that they would, because even with fewer chairs you can't count on everyone to socially distance. But who knows?

You would cancel your bull? ;)
I read somewhere that you have to wear a mask walking to a lounge chair on the deck but once on lounge you take mask off. And of course no masks in the pool.

I can’t imagine going without the pools. I would actually choose the pool over the park in August. My kids of course would disagree with me.

I read somewhere that you have to wear a mask walking to a lounge chair on the deck but once on lounge you take mask off. And of course no masks in the pool.

But then walking from your lounge chair to the pool you wouldn't wear a mask so I don't see how this is enforceable or practical to wear the masks anywhere on the pool deck.

The DVC site says:
  • Members and Resort Guests are also welcome to enjoy our pools and recreation offerings, which may operate a little differently during this time.
I don’t know for sure anything about the other properties but I don’t see why this wouldn’t be true at the non-DVC resorts that they open.

When it comes to social distancing in a pool...it just seems rather difficult unless you drastically cut down on the # of bathers. Kids like to interact with others so it will be difficult.

This has been the portion of the swimming situation that's been on my mind. Kids love to swim with other people, around people, on top of people, LOL. I know the chlorine keeps the water clean, but how often do you see kids come up from under water, wiping their noses, sputtering, spraying water, coughing (if they weren't careful about not "drinking the pool", as we say at our house) etc., and if they come up from under water 3 inches from another person, well let's just say I've been sprayed in the face by kids before. On a normal day it's a bit yucky. During this situation, I'd like to avoid it even more. :)

I'm not saying they shouldn't open the pools. I'm just curious as to how they will social distance in pools, particularly with under water swimming when people can pop up unexpectedly anywhere in the pool.

This has been the portion of the swimming situation that's been on my mind. Kids love to swim with other people, around people, on top of people, LOL.

Exactly! I mean even Marco Polo is going to have to draw the line at some point....and say "hey kids...you're not social distancing enough!"

marcopolo.gif

He even brought in a support alpaca to distract them but it didn't work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter