• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pooh Size Ride List ?

xfiles3010

WDW Addict
Wondering if there is a list of rides that would accommodate pooh size guests? One of our party doesn't think he will be able to get on any rides. :confused3
TIA

Wondering if there is a list of rides that would accommodate pooh size guests? One of our party doesn't think he will be able to get on any rides. :confused3
TIA

I think he'll be in for a surprise. WDW is extremely friendly to "pooh-size" guests, and I am optimistic he'd be able to fit on almost all of them.

My son is around 5' 9" and around 350 lbs He has a big pooh belly and he could ride everything. The only snag was haunted mansion but a little push on the doom buggy fixed it. :yay: He rode all the coasters, mission space, just remember to pull your seat belt all the way out before sitting down. I also stressed over this, but I had people reassure me and it was correct.Disney is pooh friendly...universal is NOT! :furious:Have fun.

DW is pooh size and I have knee issues Big thunder mtn and Splash Mtn were very tight and uncomfortable. I had to spread legs as far as apart as I could to fit into seat I couldn't sit with legs straight. I'm 6 ft. tall.

I am very pooh sized and could get on everything and could even get on expedition everest. One of the ones even disney warn you about while in the queue.

if you are pooh sized with bad knees, Space Mountain can be very difficult getting out of - I even lost some weight, but with my bad knees is was still very difficult, and I wasn't scared of it - I rode several times, but it is always hard to get out of with my issues.
If you can, ride with someone else, and they can help you get out.

My partner and I are "Pooh-sized," and we have no issues anywhere. The only larger individual I know personally who has had issues was a very tall man who was approaching 500 pounds. It really is all about body shape and proportion.

DH and I are Pooh size, and we ride everything with no problems.

If you have smaller size people riding with you on rides with a single lap bar (like BTMRR) just be mindful that they may slide around a little more than normal. Other than that, you should be completely good to go on whatever you want to ride!

I wanted to comment on the Space Mountain situation with being Pooh size and having bad knees. I have found that getting out of the car on Space Mountain is made much easier if you sort of push yourself up the back of the seat, so that your bottom is sitting on the top/back. Once you get up into that position, it's very easy to simply stand up and step out! I hope that helps! :goodvibes

Do a search for Everything Pooh Sized Thread. Its got lots of pages full of good information. I can't post a link. Sorry. :)

DH and I are Pooh sized and never have issues on any ride...and we've seen people much larger than us ride with no issue.

I think Space Mountain is tough for anyone to exit from gracefully. I kinda just turn my legs out and push myself up then step out.

Glad to hear all the positive testimonials as I'm going with a group of friends soon and was worried about them being left out or having a rough time with any of the rides.

I'm 6'3" and have been as big as 355lbs on a previous visit and could ride everything at disney. Though as PP mentioned a couple of rides are tight on my knees.

I'll just follow up everyone else's comments... I was very nervous going... I'm about 6'2 330lbs and had a couple bad experiences in the past at amusement parks and my weight... I had no problems on any of them... Space mountain kind of hurt my knee cause it went right in the cart but that was about it... The only other ride I was nervous on was jungle cruise cause I didn't want to lean the boat to much so I surveyed everyone else and picked my side accordingly...

I think you'd have to be approaching 400lbs to have trouble on any of the rides. I'm a size 18 and around 220 and have absolutely no issues getting on any ride. I've seen people with 100pds easily more than I am that also have no issues at DW.

My DS is 6'2" and at least 400 lbs. He had no trouble with any of the rides. The only one we did not go on was Space Mountain because by DH has a bad back and it is hard on his back. My DH and I are also Pooh sized and have never had trouble. I concur that you do need to pull the seat belts out all the way before buckling up. This makes it much easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter