• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pooh and friends quilt (my 1st quilt ever) pics

dyna

DIS Veteran
The fabric and the pictures covers 4 generations of my family it's going to my 1st Gson. My Great aunt unknowingly has a part in this quilt by giving my mother the white fabric I used for the blocks that aunt passed away in 1973.

My mother donated the green and brown fabric and helped cut the blocks and strips almost totally blind at that time.

The big pics on the big blocks I enlarged clip art printed it out then had to use tracing paper and trace over the pics with a transfer pencil. After ironing the pics onto my blocks I used ball point paints something I've had very good luck with in the past and these are a different brand but seem to be holding up just as well.

The pics in the small blocks my DD 15 drew freehand Then they was transfered and painted by me.

DD also did the layout for this quilt deciding where to place the blocks.

I did all the sewing. I'm not proud of my workmanship it isn't the professional expert work I would have liked but it's was my 1st attempt ever at making my own quilt.

What I am proud of is the story behind the quilt being a family heirloom before it was ever given to my Gson hopefully some day he will think as much of it as I do. Had it not been for the story and the way the quilt came to be I'd never have finished it.

P1010008.jpg

P1010001.jpg

Just thought I'd give you ppl here some ideas. Simple easy quilt that most anyone with basic sewing skills can do. As with any quilt can be made any size even just wall hanging size etc. I'm thinking about doing a simular one with Mickey and Minnie for my bed.

well i think it is great!

i wished i could make a quilt. i have tried, but no success.

This is GREAT! You really did a great job! It certainly does not look like a first quilt. You should keep at it. Its also very nice that there is a story behind it. There is also one similar in my family. My mom started one when I was a small child with different bible scenes on it, and she also used the ball point paints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter