Ponchos from home?

Michele

DIS Veteran
I have ponchos already at home and would like to bring them instead of spending the $$$ at WDw. However, most of these ponchos were purchased at other parks, Busch Gardens, Sea World and they have logos from those parks on them. How bad will that look? Should I feel bad, not take them, wear them inside out?

Wear em,
spend the 12 -24$ ( I think they are 6$ each) you would have spent on them in the parks for new ones , on Ice cream or something else fun !!!!!!
If you feel really bad I got them 2 for 1$ at the 1$ stores!!!! They are plain white or orange!
De

Wear them, think about how easy it will be to spot your family members. You will be the colorful fish in the sea of yellow lol.

Take them along, I have seen Sea World ones, Universal and Busch Gardens at WDW..no problem at all, people wear what they have bought..I use the cheap ones 2 for $1 and throw them away. I also agree it is easier to find your group, if they are in blue ponchos and everyone else is in yellow...:) :) :)

Bring em! We were there last week and I can't believe how hard it rained on us. We made a mad dash to the first giftstore we could find, waited in line to buy ponchos. Meanwhile we were absolutely soaked. Everyone else was buying up ponchos as fast as they could ring them up. I noticed other people had ponchos from other parks so don't worry about it. :pinkbounc

Those are all parks in the area, there's nothing "out of place" about them. I would use them. But I have heard if you wear a tee shirt that has a logo of a competitor, you may not get picked at certain shows (where volunteers are needed).

I have even seen guests wear garbage bags.
I take my Niagra Falls ponchos. But I have to say these ponchos are very thin compared to what you buy at WDW. So what you may want to take may depend on the temps when you go too. We were there in January, but it was still a pleasant day.
But the post above is very correct -- EVERYONE has a WDW poncho on. And EVERYONE looks the same from the back. It would be very hard to try locate a particular person during a rainy period if they were wearing a WDW poncho.

we have all purchased RED ones so that it will be somewhat easier to spot each other in the sea of Yellow !

85 days to go... WDW or BUST !!!

*laughs* I'd wear them. I'm taking one of my own.....a Reds poncho from a trip to Cincy a few years ago.

We are going to WDW in 31 days! Our first trip there. We have bought ponchos at Zellers but were wondering if the WDW ones have pictures or a logo on them. Are they worth the extra money?

Counting the seconds

I take my ponchos from Niagra Falls.
It is very hard to spot anyone in particular from crowd when everyone is wearing the baggy, yellow, identical ponchos!
They are fairly heavy. They are worth the money if you want/wear them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter