PolynesianBride'sPJ 12/6/10 Sunset Pointe- TEASER PICS UP!

PolyBride - Welcome back to MI! I know the drive from Minneapolis to Grand Rapids is PAINFUL - not sure where you guys moved in MI but I know it takes a lot out of you!

PM me if you are moving to the GR area and are looking for either a real estate agent or a mortgage broker. We have two amazing people we worked with - my agent is a total saint and now she is one of our good friends!

Good luck with the move! :goodvibes

Just catching upa little late here on you PJ.

Love your plans and can't wait to hear more. especially in love with your theme choice, sounds fabulous.:goodvibes

Hiya, I stumbled across your pj a couple of days ago and Im now all caught up! Everything sounds so great! Your wedding is going to be beautiful and you dont have long to go!! How exciting!

OK ladies! I am still here... the worst DISBride EVER but still here and I haven't forgotten you. We finally got a house and closed on it last week (I am in love with my house by the way, it's on 34 acres and I'm in LOVE!). So all my boxes have been moved in, I quickly dug out all of my wedding stuff out of the boxes that had been packed since August, threw everything in 2 huge suitcases and arrived at my parents here in Florida just in time for Thanksgiving. DF is still in Michigan and is flying down on Sunday when we will meet up at the Caribbean Beach!!!!:banana::banana::banana: I can't believe it is finally HERE- after 2 years and 8 months! I will try to do a few updates in the next few days before I head to Disney in case anyone is still following. I need to finish up my welcome bags and favors while I'm here so will take breaks and give you guys updates as well- in case anyone is left reading this poor abandoned journal!

My advice tonight to all of you still in the early planning stages is this- PLAN PLAN PLAN now and while you have time. I remember thinking I had all the time in the world and obsessing for hours over ideas for the wedding- and getting so frustrated because I couldn't even book at that point. So I slowly accumulated things for the wedding, shipping them to my parents or sending things back with them when they would come to visit. And boy am I glad I did... otherwise I would have nothing now! So many changes happened in our lives all at the same time and the wedding got pushed to the back burner- luckily I had been dreaming and planning for 2 years before that so hopefully everything will still fall into place. Am I stressed now? Yep a little but going through all the stuff I have stashed away I'm realizing how good it is that I had been thinking of the little details all along or I would just be having a very bare bones wedding.

Ok so we did a planning session way back at the end of August that I will now post in case anyone is interested. Here are some pics of the displays at Franck's for those of you looking for a little inspiration.
DSC02849.jpg

DSC02850.jpg

DSC02851.jpg

DSC02852.jpg

DSC02854.jpg

DSC02855.jpg

Honestly I don't remember a ton of details from my planning trip- it seems like so long ago now and we were in the middle of moving from Minnesota to Michigan. We literally dumped our stuff off the moving truck and got on a plane for our planning session. At the time we had been assigned Ken as our planner, we met at Franck's and learned Amy Reindeau would be taking over our wedding (which has been great bc she is FABULOUS). Amy and Ken both sat in our planning session and that worked out well bc I got 2 viewpoints on my choices.

Then I got to taste CAKE! As many of you know I had a slight obsession with cake during my planning process...
DSC02856.jpg

I am so glad we got to taste the cake. We picked different than what I would have without tasting them. I love red velvet cake and cream cheese frosting but for some reason Disney's version just wasn't my favorite- something was off, the texture? not really sure but we didn't choose it. We ended up LOVING the choice that I had been deliberating over but was too nervous to pick without tasting- LEMON WITH TROPICAL MOUSSE- it was both of our top picks:banana::banana::banana: Our other layer will be chocolate cake with raspberry mousse- I usually don't like chocolate cake but paired with the raspberry it was TO DIE FOR! As for the design of the cake I recently made a rather drastic decision and totally changed the design. Not even DF knows this so I am going to leave it a surprise. I'm really nervous though- it will either be a disaster or a masterpiece. Wish me luck!

After the cake we met with our florist- Warren. I had never heard of Warren before so this made me a little nervous (switching planners didn't bother me but for some reason the 'unknown' florist makes me uneasy:laughing:) He is very nice and seemed very knowledgable. He definitely wasn't pushy or overly opinionated which is probably good but by this point I was feeling a little indecisive and could have used some help (and DF had no opinions). Luckily Amy and Ken stepped up and gave me some direction and soon floral was done. We will soon have get to see the finished product!

Up next... pics of The Summer House (reception site) and our tasting!

Everything looks good!!!
The new house (with all that acrage) sounds fantastic!!! In the US you are so lucky to have the luxury of plenty of space - we are all squished in together over here!!!:crowded:
You are also very fortuate to have sent a lot of stuff ahead to your parents in FL!! Goodness alone knows how much luggage we will end up trailing through the airport and onto the plane!!! What with welcome bags, favours, dress, suits, dress for teaparty............!!!!!:scared1:

Oh! More please!!! popcorn:: Kind of jealous you get the lemon with tropical mousse DH wouldn't go for it :(
Oh well...maybe for an anniversary...
Can't wait to see more details!
See ya real soon!

So you get a break between the actual planning session and the tasting- but they don't want you to eat bc you're about to eat a ton of amazing food. So we walked over to the Grand Floridian and got a drink at the pool bar and checked out our reception location- The Summer House. I haven't heard of many people using this location but we love all the palm trees, that it's right on the beach, and that it looks across at the Poly (since there are no actual reception sites at the Poly this was as close as we could get).
DSC02857.jpg

DSC02862.jpg

This will be opened up and is the bar area. Our pre-reception area is right by the bar.
DSC02858.jpg

We will use these existing tables as our pre-reception tables
The buffet and dinner tables will be set up on the far side of the palms closer to the beach- hard to describe but it should work. If anyone is really interested in the layout of this site let me know and I will forward you the diagram I have from my planner.

And here are the views from the area:
DSC02863.jpg

DSC02861.jpg

DSC02859.jpg

DSC02860.jpg

Well I've been busy putting together my welcome bags and painting our monogram on our mickey ornaments that we are using for favors. Will hopefully post pics later tonight! Happy Turkey Day everyone!

Nice area! They offered this for our pre-resception but the FB min was too much with the place we are using for our reception...
OK so show us more! You should be done eatting and such by now! :laughing:

I'm so happy to see you posting again! I used to secretly stalk the wedding boards before I was engaged. Yours was one PJ that I was following from the beginning. Now we are planning our Disney wedding and are having a long engagement, and I'm relieved to see that all of these little details that I'm deciding on are worthwhile. I see so many posts where people laugh at brides planning so far in advance.

I'm looking forward to more posts and seeing pictures from your big day (I hope you'll do a TR!)

Nice area! They offered this for our pre-resception but the FB min was too much with the place we are using for our reception...
OK so show us more! You should be done eatting and such by now! :laughing:
Yeah, by having the pre-reception and reception there the F&B min for the site was less than our F&B required by DFTW so it worked out:banana: We did way over spend on food though- but DF was insistent after the tasting and he got an awesome sign on bonus with his new job so we decided to splurge on the wedding:banana::banana:
I'm so happy to see you posting again! I used to secretly stalk the wedding boards before I was engaged. Yours was one PJ that I was following from the beginning. Now we are planning our Disney wedding and are having a long engagement, and I'm relieved to see that all of these little details that I'm deciding on are worthwhile. I see so many posts where people laugh at brides planning so far in advance.

I'm looking forward to more posts and seeing pictures from your big day (I hope you'll do a TR!)
:rotfl::lmao: Hahaha you super secret pre-engaged wedding board stalker:lmao::rotfl: You are too funny- I say plan and dream away- engaged or not. Congrats on your engagement so you can now post openly! It's one thing if you aren't even in a serious relationship and you have already purchased your entire wedding- that's a bit odd IMO. But sometimes because of the situation you're in you have to set a date way in advance and that's just life. If you are serious about getting married and have a pretty definite date I say get as much done as possible when you have the time. Just be committed to your plans and make sure you use what you buy - otherwise you will just throw money away. For us it made it a ton easier because it didn't seem like one huge financial blow- we just slowly purchased things and made payments and now that it's here it's all paid off and even though I've neglected my wedding for months I will still have some nice details. Thanks so much for following and I can't wait to hear your plans!

I'm glad your back!! I will be by the GF on the 6th, so I will make sure to look out for you!!
YAY! I would love to see you! Our pre-reception starts at 1 but we may not arrive til closer to 2. Please stop by and say HI! We're a small group of 20 and no one will care if you pop in.

eeekkkk!!!! it's almost here!!! :goodvibes
I KNOW- crazy crazy! Stay tuned for more, this PJ is back in full swing!

I'm so glad you're back! Happy Thanksgiving by the way. Wow, I thought moving 15 minutes away was crazym but from Minnesota to Michigan! Yowza. I'm glad to read the move went well. It sounded like you had a fun planning session. The lemon cake was so good. I'm still craving it from our wedding. I can't wait to see the surprise cake design. Looking forward to reading more and the actual wedding. It's so soon!!!! Best luck with the welcome bags and favors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter