Polynesian to Grand Floridian with Luggage

mmackeymouse

DIS Veteran
We are staying on the monorail loop here in a few weeks, doing a split stay.

I'm trying to formulate how to get from the Poly over to Grand Floridian. The walkway, I'm sure will still be closed at that point. The next logical step would be the monorail.

I know luggage isn't allowed on Disney transport (although, 3 years ago, I distinctly remember taking a piece of luggage on a bus from Wilderness Lodge to Magic Kingdom. I was transferring to the Contemporary, so I wasn't actually going into the park with it, and security was pretty easy going about it.)

We could do the Bell Services thing and ask for a transfer, but I hate to do that because...you never know when you are going to get your bags, and it's literally a single monorail stop away. I'd rather keep the luggage with me for the 1/2-3/4 mile, since that's all it will be.

Thoughts?

I'm trying to formulate how to get from the Poly over to Grand Floridian. The walkway, I'm sure will still be closed at that point. The next logical step would be the monorail.

I know luggage isn't allowed on Disney transport (although, 3 years ago, I distinctly remember taking a piece of luggage on a bus from Wilderness Lodge to Magic Kingdom. I was transferring to the Contemporary, so I wasn't actually going into the park with it, and security was pretty easy going about it.)

We could do the Bell Services thing and ask for a transfer, but I hate to do that because...you never know when you are going to get your bags, and it's literally a single monorail stop away. I'd rather keep the luggage with me for the 1/2-3/4 mile, since that's all it will be.

Thoughts?
Uber or Lyft would probably be the best option.

Thoughts?
Get a Minnie Van and arrive at the Grand in style!

If it's a nice day, and your luggage rolls easily, I'd just walk it. I've done longer than Poly to GF inside of the parks with 26" TravelPro bags (I get multiple free checked bags when I fly so I bring down luggage for others in the group).

If it's a nice day, and your luggage rolls easily, I'd just walk it. I've done longer than Poly to GF inside of the parks with 26" TravelPro bags (I get multiple free checked bags when I fly so I bring down luggage for others in the group).
i think the path between poly and GF is currently closed bc of poly tower construction.

just pack a bag of essentials / change of clothes and keep that on you, and send the rest to bell. or uber/lyft.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter